Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 insurance companies turned me down!

loudpipessavelives
    any one know of a company that will insure my jet? its a 18' Hardin Marine with a 468, They said it was because of the speed of the boat and because it has an open engine. All i want is liability and no one will give it to me! :cry: Any help would be appreciated!

Focker
    Allstate Insured Mine
    I Had A Hardin 454' Jet

Cas
    if you don't have OT pipes, Progressive will insure it.

olbiezer
    i tried to transfer mine from a v drive flatbottom i had with progressive to my daytona and was canciled imedetly as they dont insure tunnel hulls.....bunch of crap all i wanted was liability also :220v:

boats&bars
    mc graw dont tell them that you have a 100 mph boat or a 468 its a 454 350 hp but doo make sure that the agreed value is what you want....

Bense468
    Did you tell them that you were LOUDPIPESSAVELIVES on ***boat???
    Maybe you should try that.

HotRod Sprint
    any one know of a company that will insure my jet? its a 18' Hardin Marine with a 468, They said it was because of the speed of the boat and because it has an open engine. All i want is liability and no one will give it to me! :cry: Any help would be appreciated!
    First question is what it the speed of the boat?
    Rod

Bradf
    Use/find a broker... they know what to say and how to say it to the insurance companies. my boat costs me 100 a year to insure.. (liability)

wet77
    First off how can you tell them how much horsepower your motor puts out without it being on a dyno?
    How can they tell if there is no markings on the motor? like an outboard that says 200 merc on it?
    Besides just tell them its a low (horsepower) motor but has loads of torque!
    Most insurance companies do not care about torque.
    I am through State Farm and have had no problems, I have a open engine compartement OT headers, and a daytona hull! All my insurance guy needed was a value which I set and he gave me a price on that value. Also there is a $300k liability attached to it. All that for about $17 a month, he even took pictures and sent them in and the underwriters said no problem.
    I do have a 0 accident rate and I do not drink so maybe that helps too.
    Good luck hope you find one

Lightning
    mc graw dont tell them that you have a 100 mph boat or a 468 its a 454 350 hp but doo make sure that the agreed value is what you want....
    That's about the worst thing you can do....don't lie to your insurance company, it's called fraud. When you need to file a claim and they deny you, you'll know why - if you're going to lie, you might as well not have insurance at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast