Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: running boat out of the water???

mnjettr
    is it ok to run my boat (less than a minute)out of the water? I don't want to damage the pump. its a dominator pump. I would also like to find
    a parts list/diagram for a dominator. thanks

Wet Dream
    No. Just long enough to see if it starts is ok, but not for a minute.

Wet Dream
    Less than a minute? Sure, but even if you start it for say 20 seconds, shut it off and restart it for another 20. Nothing has cooled sufficiently. The 2 things you need to worry about when starting dry, is the seals and the wear ring.

Jet Hydro
    NO!!!! NOT !!!!! DONT!!!!!!! :argue:
    Go here for your parts list.....
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Dominator.HTM

Screemy1
    one of the good things about Panther pumps....... and reliability..... :220v: horsepower... auughhh :220v: :220v: that sucks..... jetovato.... that sucks tooo... ridicule from board..... thats the worst........

SmokinLowriderSS
    NO!!!! NOT !!!!! DONT!!!!!!! :argue:
    Go here for your parts list.....
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Dominator.HTM
    Hey JH, Duane says "Sure, Go ahead. We love the business it brings us!" :2purples: :2purples:

MBlaster
    Less than a minute? Sure, but even if you start it for say 20 seconds, shut it off and restart it for another 20. Nothing has cooled sufficiently. The 2 things you need to worry about when starting dry, is the seals and the wear ring.
    Most guys I know fire up their boats, go vroom vroom for 3 seconds and shut em down. Or they fire em up just before the transom hits the water when launching. Its nice to know if the freaking thing is going to start before you float off the trailer and go downriver.

IMPATIENT 1
    Most guys I know fire up their boats, go vroom vroom for 3 seconds and shut em down. Or they fire em up just before the transom hits the water when launching. Its nice to know if the freaking thing is going to start before you float off the trailer and go downriver.
    i'm with that! i've pushed off the trailer once or twice, sent the truck back to camp, hit the starter, and nothin but dead battery.i can see it damaging parts if ran over 5 seconds, but i like to fire up before my boat even gets wet.

Duane HTP
    Try backing the boat into the water to where the pump is under water, but the boat will not float off the trailer. Fire the engine in the water, let it warm up a little and then have your driver back you on into the water for launch. If it doesn't want to start, have the driver pull you out.
    Nothing hurt! No dead boat floating in the water! Really pretty simple?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I have this weird tendancy to NOT UNHOOK the winch strap from the bow eye untill AFTER she is running, AND all leak-checks have been done. Then the Admiral unhooks me, parks the truck, and I meet her at the dock.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast