Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHo can I buy some RV garage plans from?

KACHINA KEN
    I've seen some nice ones in Havasu, i want to do a flat top design with a 4' lip on top for an observation deck. What is the general dimensions of a typical setup?

KACHINA KEN
    ahem?

Magic34
    Pretty much whatever you can fit. The plans are cheap even if designed for the first time, but the build is another story. Figure $60/sq ft on a smoking deal right now. $75 is more realistic.

KACHINA KEN
    Pretty much whatever you can fit. The plans are cheap even if designed for the first time, but the build is another story. Figure $60/sq ft on a smoking deal right now. $75 is more realistic.
    Thats 42 K on a 53x12 How high arey usually, I could make it 12' but I want to make sure a typical RV will fit so i get the resale value out of it. I know that no RV will be higher than 13' 6 " unless they leave their dish up.

al cole'holic
    ...I would check with TCHB here on the board, he built a sick 1500sq' (I think) garage...I couldn't imagine it was $90k though...?

Magic34
    Thats 42 K on a 53x12 How high arey usually, I could make it 12' but I want to make sure a typical RV will fit so i get the resale value out of it. I know that no RV will be higher than 13' 6 " unless they leave their dish up.
    14' doors are the common height for what you are talking about. That way anything would basically fit with the exception of a 5th wheel toyhauler that has the axles flipped. In that case the A/C units might hit.
    You can go look at my boat garage to get an idea what a 14x40 is like.
    At the door, I have about 9' 8" vertical clearance, and the door is the width of the garage, 14'.

Magic34
    I had a garage quoted about 9 months ago and was told about $85/foot, but I thought it was high. I think $75/foot would be a safe bet.
    5 years ago, $40/foot is what it would build for.

KACHINA KEN
    I had a garage quoted about 9 months ago and was told about $85/foot, but I thought it was high. I think $75/foot would be a safe bet.
    5 years ago, $40/foot is what it would build for.
    Was that a "Slab up" build?

BadKachina
    Kenny I built mine last year for about 30 a square ft. That included insulated doors, fully finished inside, fully inslulated lid and walls, 2x6 construction, tile roof, stucco, light fixtures, epoxy floor, fully sheathed, etc, etc.. But that did include me forming it, framing it myself, insulating it myself, wiring it, painting it and countless hours of other bs on it. It took me almost a year, but well worth the satisfaction of saying I pretty much built it myself. I have a pitched roof or I would give you my plans.

KACHINA KEN
    Kenny I built mine last year for about 30 a square ft. That included insulated doors, fully finished inside, fully inslulated lid and walls, 2x6 construction, tile roof, stucco, light fixtures, epoxy floor, fully sheathed, etc, etc.. But that did include me forming it, framing it myself, insulating it myself, wiring it, painting it and countless hours of other bs on it. It took me almost a year, but well worth the satisfaction of saying I pretty much built it myself. I have a pitched roof or I would give you my plans.
    Damn Paul were you payin him to watch you sweat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast