Thread: Interior help

sanger_78
    I'v got a 78 Sanger Super Jet. I bought it this past winter and have been busy repainting it and reworking the motor. Well now it's time for some new interior, the stuff that came out if it is a little rough and now doesn't match the rest of the boat. I went to a couple places to get estimates on what it would cost to recover the 2 front seats and the rear bench and it was generally around a grand. Is that about the right price? I thought it was a little high considering I only paid 1500 for the boat. Is there a place I can order new seats, maybe at a better price, any shop recomendations in Nor-Cal that are reasonable? I've already looked at Overtons, still in the same ball park price wise, plus they don't have a matching bench that fits. What do you guys do?
    Ps: yes this is my first boat besides my aluminum fishing boat.

TahitiVC
    If you are anywhere in the Central Valley or don't mind the drive to Modesto I would suggest Atlas Canvas in Modesto. They redid my entire boat along with a bimini top for under 2k and did a great job. I have two front buckets two cocktail seats, covered motor box and two rear jump seats. They did it in just about a week and really did a nice job. I would give them a call if you are close.

sanger_78
    I don't mind a little windshield time. How many color's did you have done? Or was it one solid? Got any pic's?

TahitiVC
    I had it done in a dark brown with a darker brown piping. I don't have any photos at the time but I am going out to Don Pedro this weekend and will try to get some. My brother might have some. How bout it Sleekvino and photos of the Tahiti with the new interior. Turned out real nice. Don't think he will charge much more for two or more colors. I had a spot where the dog house wore a hole in the rear piece and they are going to fix it for nothing.

sanger_78
    Sweet..
    I'm not looking for anything fancy just don't want to go out with the motor all polished and new paint on the hull and have crap ass lookin seats.

sanger_78
    has anyone done their own? how hard is it. Any tips or tricks?