Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Fasterdamit

lavish62
    Fasterdamit I was hoping to talk to you about your Y2K, I'am in Chino Hills and I'm looking into buying one possibly. Sounds like you love yours, and thought maybe you would want to show it off to me.
    The boat and specs look very interesting, I was quite excited to here about yours being so close. I'm selling a 25' Nordic Rage with a blown 600, a fun boat but I can't play in the poker runs. The boat lives in Havasu so I thought maybe we could hook up out there. let me know thanks.

FASTERDAMITT
    I'm sorry I did not see your post until today. I am doing Pacific runs until the weather cools off a bit. Should be in the zoo in september. I would sell your 25 with a merc engine if you can. Most people want something they are familiar with. Keep the 600 for the superboat, you'll do 83mph.

lavish62
    Thanks for the responce, I'll deffinantly will consider that although I was thinking of an injected motor. seems a little easier and less maintenence. I would love to here a review about your boat when you get a chance. Us west coast guys seem to do things a little different.
    Are you going to be in the Newport beach area at all with the boat? I would love to take a look at it in person. You can only tell so much from pics, also I was woundering how the whole experience was with John and the east coast thing, and what it costs to ship?
    I appreciate any info you can give me thanks.

FASTERDAMITT
    I can contact you when I'm at the beach next. I have to say it was a little nerve racking buying a boat you can't stop by the shop to see, but they sent me pics as it went along. The only bad thing was the trailer i wanted from Florida was built without the boat there, so Superboat had to send measurments to do thier best. I had to do some modifications when it got here to make me happy. I have not seen a nicer trailer out west here than you can dunk in the salt though. Glad I bought it. I paid $4500 to have the boat delivered here. i went to New York To order the boat (Nov 04) and then to take delivery in July 05. Yes, it took 8 months for the build and another 1.5 for the engine and exhaust to be done out here. I took delivery Aug 28th 2005. Nothing like the boats built in So Cal. Only takes 6-8 weeks for some.
    Tom

lavish62
    Apparently quality takes time, but in the end it looks like it was all worth it. I would love to see some pics of the trailer if you have some. sounds like you did your research. We are heading to havasu this weekend, if you are planing on going I would love to meet you and your boat. Thanks again.
    Sounds like the the boat going to Huntington is going to be a real runner, should be interesting to she what she puts down.

FASTERDAMITT
    This weekend will not work for me. But here is a couple trailer pics. Ya, I can't wait to see how Huntingtons Y2k runs. He will have more ponies, but also more weight with the heavier Conrad drive and blower set up. Now with that said I'm sure he will turn up the boost, right Rob!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...271_Large_.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...011_Small_.jpg

lavish62
    Looks pretty sturdy, the boat looks great as well. You have a good point on both aspects, although more boost alway does the trick.

Huntingtonbeach
    ... triple digits or bust is pretty much the montra we are using. I ordered my boat end of October last year and its pretty much going to be a year when I finally get it. Some of the wait is my fault w/ the motor but lets just say that hand built means its gonna take awhile. Like Tom said its kinda nerve racking being 3000 miles away but the guys at superboat communicate well and the product does speak volumes for how much experience the builders have. If all goes as planned I'll be boating out there end of september.
    As for a trailer, well its all about the money. A high end trailer company will need the boat to make everything perfect (not cheap when you add in shipping costs) but its makes a difference in the life of the boat to have a well fitted trailer. I'm leaning towards pacific trailers in monrovia I think to build me an aluminum. I checked them out at the LA boat show and they look very similar to MYCO and unfortunately the price is similar also. Second choice would be to just bite the bullet and have MYCO build one but they are close to 10G's. Those Roll's trailers look pretty good but I'm not a fan of the suspension set up or the over all look ( just my opinion dont get your panties in a bunch). I know they were less then 5000 though when everyone was ordering them. I figure if I'm all ready going broke why not throw the last dollar in.

Huntingtonbeach
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...78panties7.jpg
    Now dat der is some funny shiznit!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast