Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling Fasterdamit

lavish62
    Sounds like you've got her all figured out. Can't wait to see it when its done, but a year, I thought building houses took a while. What was the final desicion on motor and drive? Did you decide to go all white as well?
    I'm kind of a river guy my self although I would like to launch in the salt as well, extreme trailors won't hold up enough in th salt? I think they have some of the nicest trailors out, although could be wrong. I do know any trailor is better than the Nordic trailor under my boat. (What a piece of$#!%) Although know that Randy took over I think they might come out with a better trailor.

Huntingtonbeach
    Sounds like you've got her all figured out. Can't wait to see it when its done, but a year, I thought building houses took a while. What was the final desicion on motor and drive? Did you decide to go all white as well?
    I'm kind of a river guy my self although I would like to launch in the salt as well, extreme trailors won't hold up enough in th salt? I think they have some of the nicest trailors out, although could be wrong. I do know any trailor is better than the Nordic trailor under my boat. (What a piece of$#!%) Although know that Randy took over I think they might come out with a better trailor.
    I went custom on the motor 598 blown bbc ( est. 1000hp/900ftlb ) and for the drive were sticking a Konrad Ace on. Went all white like Tom's but mine should be the first one w/ new 1/4 canopy's. I'll get a paint job on it when we are done dialing it in... still thinking about racing next year so we'll see.
    Extreme makes some great looking trailers but for the salt aluminum is the best bet. They make a galva-tube set up where they galvanize the tubing but I can't see how you can galvanize the inside of a tube nor how you would keep water 100% out so eventually it would rust like anything else. I figure if I can get a 10k aluminum trailer to last 10 years insted of buying a steel trailer every 4yrs then I'm ahead of the game.
    If you hit salt once a year then its different but since I'm living 10 min from the launch in HB I plan to drop her in a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12