Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elephant Butte New Mexico

Greaser
    dam site is nice they have some new bed and breakfast rooms that overlook the lake and have slips for your boat if a enough of people want to stay there i know the owner and can get some smokin deals on rooms. they have a nice inside/outside bar that usually has a band on the weekends
    Sweet! That sounds like the place to hold a gathering like this.

carreraboat
    They dont reopen till next month as soon as they get back i will call her how many rooms?

Sundance
    The water is way up from years passed. They cut the outflow with water still coming in pretty good, I live on the Rio Grande. The Dam Site is good, the only problem is that it is a "healthy walk" down to the lake. Plus that area of the lake is real rocky. The Margs. are killers at the bar as are the nachos. For those who want to keep their boats in the water I would suggest either Lions Beach or Longs Point.
    For those who want "civilized" camping there are state camgrounds above Lions Beach, some of the best around. They have water and electric hookups. I stay at the Quail Run campgroud which is one of the state campgrounds, just to the south of Lions Beach, it has 50amp service. Because the lake is still below max. it's about a 1/2 mile to a mile from the lake really flat walk. I usually put my boat in the water when I get there and rent a slip at Marina del Sur for $25 a night. Also there are a lot of good camping beaches up the lake.
    We'd love to have you all come on over. I'd also be more than willing to help corridnate things on this end. Any one needing more info or wanting me to help, give me a call. My office # is 505-344-8277.
    Sundance :chi:
    "Remember to keep your Tails Up"

carreraboat
    hey sundance is that the boat you take to the butte in your avatar or do you have another i dont remember seeing it

Sundance
    Yep, That's her. Have had her going on three years. I usually only go out in the early AM at the Butte. Gets to crazy later on. Only at the Butte four times last year. My ex-son-in-law was a "dick head" when I took it down with them. My daughter and he are just getting divoriced and she got custody of their Glastron, so I'll be spending more time down there this year.
    Also, spend some time up at Navajo. Like to fish the San Juan in the AM and take the hot rod out in the PM. Lot less crowded.
    WOuld like to get a big group together in June. Keep me posted.
    Sundance, :chi:
    "Remember to Keep Your Tail Up"

Biglue
    The water is way up from years passed. They cut the outflow with water still coming in pretty good, I live on the Rio Grande. The Dam Site is good, the only problem is that it is a "healthy walk" down to the lake. Plus that area of the lake is real rocky. The Margs. are killers at the bar as are the nachos. For those who want to keep their boats in the water I would suggest either Lions Beach or Longs Point.
    For those who want "civilized" camping there are state camgrounds above Lions Beach, some of the best around. They have water and electric hookups. I stay at the Quail Run campgroud which is one of the state campgrounds, just to the south of Lions Beach, it has 50amp service. Because the lake is still below max. it's about a 1/2 mile to a mile from the lake really flat walk. I usually put my boat in the water when I get there and rent a slip at Marina del Sur for $25 a night. Also there are a lot of good camping beaches up the lake.
    We'd love to have you all come on over. I'd also be more than willing to help corridnate things on this end. Any one needing more info or wanting me to help, give me a call. My office # is 505-344-8277.
    "Remember to keep your Tails Up"
    Thanks for the offer and info Sundance. We'd be happy to have you come June.

blowngas
    we came out and ran the last race of the year 7 years ago that was held in november----really enjoyed being with the dragboat club there, and meeting some wonderful folks----remember that most everything was done in the mornings as the wind blew in the evening----really can't remember where exactly we stayed, but most of the local racers camped on the beach

Sundance
    BG, That's why I usually only go out in the AM. Usually to much wind and to many people in the PM. The races are usually done by noon. The Butte is a great place to play and party. We in NM look forward to all of you coming. Anybody have a date in June?
    Remember to Keep Your Tail UP

Devilman
    BG, That's why I usually only go out in the AM. Usually to much wind and to many people in the PM. The races are usually done by noon. The Butte is a great place to play and party. We in NM look forward to all of you coming. Anybody have a date in June?
    Remember to Keep Your Tail UP
    Hey Sundance! So far, it looks as if it's gonna be June 17-24....

Sundance
    Devil, That works for me. I've got to work on the 17 and the 24 but plan on coming down on the 18th. Let me know what I can do to help. Would be glad to set up party at the Dam Site or anywhere else. Also anybody needing advance info let me know.
    Thanks,Sundance :chi:
    Remeber to keep your Tail UP

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast