Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elephant Butte New Mexico

Devilman
    Devil, That works for me. I've got to work on the 17 and the 24 but plan on coming down on the 18th. Let me know what I can do to help. Would be glad to set up party at the Dam Site or anywhere else. Also anybody needing advance info let me know.
    Thanks,Sundance :chi:
    Remeber to keep your Tail UP
    Sure thing. Took long enough to settle on a date. Now just gotta figure out accomodations. Whats the weather like that time of year? Still fairly cool or what? I don't wanna take 2 vehicles out there, so we wouldn't be bringing the camper. Not sure if we'll be tent camping or getting cabins somewhere...

Sundance
    DM, HOT! Probably be 90+. The good thing is no humidity. 10%. There's a ton of tent camping on the shore. Outhouses on the beach. Good campgrounds up from the shore,see the earlier post.
    Dam Site is a cool little place, but it's up by the dam, about two or three miles from the main part of the lake. As I said the bar and resturant are good.
    I camp up in the designated camp areas that has water and electric, 50 amps.
    My wife dosen't do tents anymore.
    How many people does it look like are coming? Would be glad to try and rope some area off down by the lake. Lots of people do bring their campers and dry camp right on the beach. With the lake down there is pretty flat sandy beaches that are easy to get to. Let me know. I'd be glad to touch base with carreraboat to do what we needed to do.
    Remember to keep Your Tail Up

Devilman
    DM, HOT! Probably be 90+. The good thing is no humidity. 10%. There's a ton of tent camping on the shore. Outhouses on the beach. Good campgrounds up from the shore,see the earlier post.
    Dam Site is a cool little place, but it's up by the dam, about two or three miles from the main part of the lake. As I said the bar and resturant are good.
    I camp up in the designated camp areas that has water and electric, 50 amps.
    My wife dosen't do tents anymore.
    How many people does it look like are coming? Would be glad to try and rope some area off down by the lake. Lots of people do bring their campers and dry camp right on the beach. With the lake down there is pretty flat sandy beaches that are easy to get to. Let me know. I'd be glad to touch base with carreraboat to do what we needed to do.
    Remember to keep Your Tail Up
    Sounds good to me.
    Yeah, we are spoiled to our camper, but don't relish the idea of taking seperate vehicles that far away. If we stay at the campground, we'll use the tent or crash with some peeps that will most likely have their motorhome. Sure wish I could tell you about how many people coming... You know how things go, lot of them are gung-ho till it gets closer, then they start bailing... How close is the nearest town? Like to travel light & then buy supplies there, you know?

Sundance
    DM, The lake sits next to the community of Elephant Butte. There's several gas stations, resturants, marine shops, motels etc... The community basicly boarders the lake. We get ice, fire wood, beer, right there. About 5 miles away is the town of Truth or Concequences, aka T or C. It's got about everything you need from McDonalds to spas to lumber yards, and whatever. Fuel is usually a little cheaper there. I usually have 4 five gallon cans that I fill up in town and put in the boat when I go out.
    Hope this all helps. Don't hesitate to ask anything else you need or might think of. Same goes for anybody else who is coming.
    "Remember to Keep your Tail Up"

Sundance
    Carreraboat, Bo I just realized who you are. You own Youngs Marineon Edith. I and my daughter stopped in last year. Saw you at the lake acouple of times, but I had already put my boat away for the day. You've got one of the sharpest boats on the lake.
    I need to stop down and see you about putting some new electronics on my hot rod.
    Thanks, Sundance :chi:

Devilman
    DM, The lake sits next to the community of Elephant Butte. There's several gas stations, resturants, marine shops, motels etc... The community basicly boarders the lake. We get ice, fire wood, beer, right there. About 5 miles away is the town of Truth or Concequences, aka T or C. It's got about everything you need from McDonalds to spas to lumber yards, and whatever. Fuel is usually a little cheaper there. I usually have 4 five gallon cans that I fill up in town and put in the boat when I go out.
    Hope this all helps. Don't hesitate to ask anything else you need or might think of. Same goes for anybody else who is coming.
    "Remember to Keep your Tail Up"
    This all very helpful Sundance, appreciate it a bunch. That's good info to have. Guess once we get accomadations squared away, we'll be all set! ( Damn, made it sound almost too easy... ) We'll keep ya posted!

carreraboat
    thanks for the complements sundance stop by any time always a cold silver in the ice box

bigblockbill
    Cool, I never figured I would be reading any thing about the Butte here on HB. I call that lake home also and can help out, and will try and stop by and say HI when you all come out.

carreraboat
    hey big block looks like this just might turn into a hell of a shindig

Sundance
    Big Block and Carrera, We need to start our own thread. Big what color is your Eliminator and was it for sale a while ago down at Bo's? Let's all try and start working on somethng for the Butte, that we all call home.
    Thanks, Sundance :chi:
    "Remember to Keep Your Tail Up"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast