Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HTM or American Offshore- Which is Better

jackpunx
    One other thing.......Are these other boats deep enough for bolsters or just regular seats.
    That howard is sharp....
    regular seats..

02HoWaRd26
    No bolsters in these until you get a lot deeper boat

FASTERDAMITT
    DREWDOWN'S boat still for sale? Hell of a buy!

acatitude
    Howard
    second the second :crossx:

mike37
    I have had zero problems with my HTM and you won't find a 24' cat with any were close to the room that the cabin of an HTM has

Brian
    ...Anyone have pics of interiors on other cats. Anything comparable to the roominess of HTM...
    Here are a couple shots of the under deck area on our open bow Magic. We deleted the seats, added in-floor storage, and an insert to make a bed for camping. There's another cushion that goes inbetween the ones shown in these pics. The Magic 28 is the same or similar bottom as the 26 AO but adds a large swim platform out back to make up the 28. It's not as fast as the AO or the HTM but it'll do ok if you give it some power.
    http://members.cox.net/bcurnutt4/Magic_Cat/18.jpg
    http://members.cox.net/bcurnutt4/Magic_Cat/17.jpg

andy01
    DREWDOWN'S boat still for sale? Hell of a buy!
    I agree nice boat, what happen to that focker?
    Andy

MIKEHTMSR24
    Looking into the future for around a 24' Cat and really like the lines of American Offshores but love the cabins of the sr24 HTM. Dont know much about either. Which is better. Any other cats in that size have a cabin like HTM's? Thanks.
    Jason
    Jason U have email

Rocket-J
    I am very pleased with my SS-24. I have had many problems with HTM and problems with my boat and especially with the trailer. Several items that were not Coast Guard approved. I have relaced a long list of parts and corrected many little things that could have been done better than what HTM did.
    Word to the wise. Don't believe what HTM tells you. Verify every part on the boat. They sell a bored out 502 block as a Bow Tie motor. Big difference. Insist on all Coast Guard approved parts. i.e. starter, distributor, blower motors, battery covers ect. Then double check at delivery. Take a whole day to verify everything. My trailer had under rated tires for the 7000 lb load tag on the tongue. The bunk screws went all the way through the wood and rusted where they ground them off. Verify your trailer is "Powder Coated" not baked emamel. Cover your A$$.
    Bottom line. The boat is not that expensive, lots of room, great under the deck, fast for the power used and better than average fuel milage. Dollar for dollar, I would not trade it for another boat at this time. We love our SS-24. Al

FASTERDAMITT
    Jason U have email
    How bout 598ci 802HP.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...edium_-med.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast