Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HTM or American Offshore- Which is Better

MIKEHTMSR24
    Great looking boat. What is your trick in keeping all the water spots off. What do you use?
    I don't have that problem. Of course I don't let the top deck get wet
    No seriously, I think it has a lot to do with the shore line. Rock or dirt. Lake Cumberland in KY is a lot of rock. Exhaust tips get a hard film on them. My local lakes don't spot.

MIKEHTMSR24
    Mike,
    I personally liked the shot of your boat with the Hooter's Girls in it better :rollside: :rollside:
    I'm putting my boat up for sale tomorrow.
    As we all know boats are cheap, its just all of the accessories that cost so much.

MIKEHTMSR24
    When my boat was delivered, Steve showed my boat in the Atlanta boat show. Steve and Lia brought theirselves and their two girls to Atlanta.
    Got to know Steve and family that whole week. They were just good people and fun to be around. Steve was a man of his word and I know the boating world has missed him. 01/11/2002

Bad Puddy Tat
    I'm putting my boat up for sale tomorrow.
    As we all know boats are cheap, its just all of the accessories that cost so much.
    Thanks Mike, It brought back memories from a few years ago What are you buying for your next boat??

MIKEHTMSR24
    I'm hangin up my hat, 30+ yrs of hitting it every avalible weekend. We will see if I can shake this speed/water adiction though
    Thanks Mike, It brought back memories from a few years ago What are you buying for your next boat??
    Damnit I really want a 30 footer, but funds will never be there. :cry:

Bad Puddy Tat
    I'm hangin up my hat, 30+ yrs of hitting it every avalible weekend. We will see if I can shake this speed/water adiction though
    After 30 years???? It will never happen I tried a few times ....trust me on this.
    Damnit I really want a 30 footer, but funds will never be there. :cry:
    I know...I've thought about upgrading mine a few times. Then I go take a 120MPH blast down the lake. That cures me :skull: :skull:

squad32
    Heres my 4 cents I love my Htm and anybody thats taken a ride has been cured of the here say bulls**t. I have over 200hrs not one stress crack or issues with it, 565cc pushes us at 105-108 w 4 peps.Alll day long.No blower or turbro. One single dominator..Enjoy shopping, test them all!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have the sr 24 open bow with the same power. Im just curious how your is set up to get those speeds. Ive ran a lab 26 and a standard 28 pitch prop with no better than 86 mph showing up. Pro marine told me this past weekend that the gil exhaust manifold sucked and that i should switch to imco for a 50 to 60hp gain. Any speed tricks for the htm or upgrades short of a supercharger would be appreciated.

FASTERDAMITT
    You need long tube headers such as Lightning or CMI to extract the exhaust from a non blown engine. Still your numbers don't work though. What is the claimed horse power?

prosthogod
    I have an open bow sr24 with a larry peto 548 dynoed at 653hp. I'm turning a 28 now and getting 87mph in ~100 degree weather. Too close to 6000rpm so he wants me to try a 30 and see what the rpm is.

MIKEHTMSR24
    89.7 with no weight
    1.35 gear
    labbed 4 26
    no weight
    almost perfect weather and water condition
    advise hook up a secondary tach to compare you boat tach against if r's are a little off, then slip factor can really vary.
    my dyno hp was 683 at almost 5700
    I was turning mine around 5500 to 5600 when I was close to 90

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast