Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 427 talldeck

J.C.
    what is the biggest stroke crank i can fit in this block,4.250,4.735,4.500.

WannabeRacing
    How much grinding do you want to do? Also depends on the crank manufacturer. How large the counterweights are, etc.
    Without major work, you can fit in a 4.25. With a ton of work and the right crank, a 4.375 will fit. If the planets all align, possibly a 4.50. But you are really pushing it at that point.
    I guess the real question would be, why so much crank?

J.C.
    i was told if i go bigger crank and a smaller bore i can get 540 inches out of it.is that possible.how many inches can i acheive with the 4.375 crank?

J.C.
    also going with all eagle stuff.

Havasu47
    You would have to have a 4.440 bore to get 541 CI. I dont believe you can bore it that big.

J.C.
    i have seen them bore these blocks 125 over and sonic tested.i do know what that ends up as.what are the advantages of a tall deck versus a standered deck 454.its going in a jet boat,so i am looking for the best performance.

WannabeRacing
    The benefit of a tall deck is getting a longer rod in the deal. That is about it.

probablecause
    The benefit of a tall deck is getting a longer rod in the deal. That is about it.
    I was told by an engine builder that the higher stroke you go, the geometry becomes more of an issue where tollerances might not be able to stand up to a lower or non-troked motor. Then again, its only money.

deltaAce
    way back in the day the 427 tall deck truck block was used to get a slight edge over reg. 427s. You could easily sell the rare tall deck to pay for a 454 of the same weight w/ more power options. It will cost a lot to make the tall deck worthy.

GofastRacer
    way back in the day the 427 tall deck truck block was used to get a slight edge over reg. 427s. You could easily sell the rare tall deck to pay for a 454 of the same weight w/ more power options. It will cost a lot to make the tall deck worthy.
    What power options a 454 block has over a 427 block?? and what does it take to make a 427 tall deck block worthy??????, both blocks are the same except for the notch for a 454 stroke, and the old 427 blocks were thicker than the 454's!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast