Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the music industry is pissing me off

a catered life
    even though the price of cd's have been lowered the quality of new music sucks........if you look at the charts there is a crap load of one hit wonders but m ost of the bands, groups, indiv artist have little or no talent......you like the one hit they have and buy the album and its full of crap... what happend to good music....marvin gaye, old ice cube, bob marly, the police, old van halen, etc.... it seems like we (the customer) are getting cheated.....
    whats your opinion?

PHX ATC
    Don't buy the album, just get the one hit wonders that you (or your kids) like from itunes or walmart.com or some other place. That way, you're only spending $1 versus $15 or so.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Music these days sucks. I am 35 and I listen to KEarth101 becuase I cannot stand the new crap.
    BTW, I love old Ice Cube. Now that you mentioned him, I am going to have to listen to him. :rollside:

voodoomedman
    I can think of a pretty darn good band that I'm waiting for the next album! :idea:

doesitfloat?
    even though the price of cd's have been lowered the quality of new music sucks........if you look at the charts there is a crap load of one hit wonders but m ost of the bands, groups, indiv artist have little or no talent......you like the one hit they have and buy the album and its full of crap... what happend to good music....marvin gaye, old ice cube, bob marly, the police, old van halen, etc.... it seems like we (the customer) are getting cheated.....
    whats your opinion?
    I totally agree...that's why I love my sirius satelite system...I can listen to exactly what I want. But I do feel like I've cut myself off from any exposure to new music (not that there's much out there).
    Do you think the quality of todays music has gone down because less people/bands want to bust their asses only to have their music pirated on the internet? Or is it just a cyclical thing where the music just sucks right now?

NOTALENT
    I dont know what your talking about.....the bands in the music genre I listen to have major talent....every song on there CD's are awesome IMO :crossx: I guess thats why I dont listen to the radio....except oldies and country....

Dribble
    That's why I download and make my own CD's. I have every thing from Snow Patrol to Guns N Roses to Beyonce on the same disc.

Itsahobby
    We're turning into our Parents :cry:
    But there are still some good bands out there. The problem is you have to really look and spend time listening to music clips.
    Hobby

SHOTKALLIN
    I said the hell with it years ago. I got tired of listening to the same 10 songs over and over and over. I like the classic rock stations and oldie stations. Cant stand to hear I'm in love with a stripper every 10 mins. I also started listening to ALOT of talk radio.

Wet Dream
    Record companies have removed themselves from the long term relationships the used to carry with bands and artists. Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, The Cars for example. Instead of contracts for 3 albums in 3 years and resigning for another 5 or so, they now contract for one album, and kick them on down the road.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast