Thread: Another Ipod ??? Sorry

HatenWinter
    I have the Sony CDX 5605X reciever in the boat. I can't figure out how to choose the artist I want or how to shuffle through all of my music. All I can get it to do is run the "play lists". Does anyone have this deck or a similar sony that can tell me how to do it? Seems like it should be easy..... Thanks!

h2oski2fast
    Which Ipod adapter are you using, Sony XA-110IP or PAC iP2-Sony or another?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Finally broke down and bought an iPod, got the 30 gig video. I think I've got the basic workings down between it and iTunes. However, when you create a playlist in iTunes, is there any way to move the songs around and set them in the order you want them to appear as opposed to just using the shuffle feature?

h2oski2fast
    Finally broke down and bought an iPod, got the 30 gig video. I think I've got the basic workings down between it and iTunes. However, when you create a playlist in iTunes, is there any way to move the songs around and set them in the order you want them to appear as opposed to just using the shuffle feature?
    Open Itunes, select your playlist then, just drag the songs up and down to the order you want them.
    You may have to setup I tunes to "Manage Playlists Manually". Check help in Itunes to learn how to do that.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Open Itunes, select your playlist then, just drag the songs up and down to the order you want them.
    You may have to setup I tunes to "Manage Playlists Manually". Check help in Itunes to learn how to do that.
    Found it! Thanks!

HatenWinter
    Which Ipod adapter are you using, Sony XA-110IP or PAC iP2-Sony or another?
    I'm honestly not sure, it just has the wire coming out of the back of the stereo that I plug into the IPOD. I didn't really think it was an adapter since the stereo itself controls all the IPOD functions. I'll may have to call Frank and ask. I appreciate the help!

Mr. Naudio
    I'm honestly not sure, it just has the wire coming out of the back of the stereo that I plug into the IPOD. I didn't really think it was an adapter since the stereo itself controls all the IPOD functions. I'll may have to call Frank and ask. I appreciate the help!
    should be either disk up and down or some use the mode button

HatenWinter
    Thanks Frank, you guys did the install on my Nordic back in May, very nice job by the way! I'll give this a try or if I can't figure it out I'll swing by next week.

Buster
    Thats it. Disk up/down then when you get to the selection you want (Artist, Genre etc..) you press the right arrow/button which is like "enter" on the computer. Pain the a$$ IMO.

HatenWinter
    Thanks for the info, its been driving me nuts!!! How do you shuffle so you can hear everything at random???