Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Plowman's.....

rrrr
    I'll be somewhere close. probably won't even go down there, just hang out here and work. maybe put together a small feed for Saturday night. Hell, I put it together last year and didn't go down. Isn't that right rrrr ??
    Yeah, but this year we're gonna come up to the shop and get you.
    Somebody needs to call Joe Don, Fonda wants to know if he's cooking breakfast tacos.......
    We are going to tow the flattie with our '66 F-100, it was down for repairs last year. Talk about waiting for a part....the column shift tube broke, I ordered a replacement part from Dennis Carpenter last September.
    The company that makes the part waits until there is enough demand to make a production run (made in Argentina ), so I finally got a new tube TWO WEEKS AGO.......
    What fun, had to take the column out of the truck to replace the part, forgot how it reassembled since I took it apart LAST AUGUST.....
    All day Saturday and some of Sunday it works again. Wife pointed out I am getting stupider as I get older.......
    Just need to replace an A/C hose, recharge it, and we are good to go.
    Hey jetboat, I'll be looking forward to meeting you, didn't know there was another Plano hot boater on the boards.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../109redone.JPG

Devilman
    Frikkin sweet F100, RRRR. I got pics of your boat last year, but you were definitely pulling it with something else!
    It took that long to find a shift tube? Why did they have to make it?

rrrr
    Frikkin sweet F100, RRRR. I got pics of your boat last year, but you were definitely pulling it with something else!
    It took that long to find a shift tube? Why did they have to make it?
    Far as I can tell, there is only one company in the US that has parts manufacturing license from Ford. That's Dennis Carpenter (http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/).
    They told me last year that the part was out of stock and they only had one source, so I just had to wait until some were fabricated. I checked every stinkin' NOS parts house in the country I could find, and came up empty. Most of 'em used Dennis Carpenter as a source for their inventory.
    I didn't want to use a junkyard part, because it would be worn out, and I would just be fixing it again. I checked in with DC every couple of months, but no luck. Finally they emailed me and said the parts were in a few weeks ago.
    Funny thing, the damaged part I replaced had a Motorcraft P/N label on it, so it was a replacement too. The truck has only 120,000 miles on it. I think I'll be pulling the shifter now and then to lube it. The failure occurs where the shifter inserts into the tube.

Devilman
    Far as I can tell, there is only one company in the US that has parts manufacturing license from Ford. That's Dennis Carpenter (http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/).
    They told me last year that the part was out of stock and they only had one source, so I just had to wait until some were fabricated. I checked every stinkin' NOS parts house in the country I could find, and came up empty. Most of 'em used Dennis Carpenter as a source for their inventory.
    I didn't want to use a junkyard part, because it would be worn out, and I would just be fixing it again. I checked in with DC every couple of months, but no luck. Finally they emailed me and said the parts were in a few weeks ago.
    Funny thing, the damaged part I replaced had a Motorcraft P/N label on it, so it was a replacement too. The truck has only 120,000 miles on it. I think I'll be pulling the shifter now and then to lube it. The failure occurs where the shifter inserts into the tube.
    I gotcha. I had a '68 awhile back, some of that stuff was mighty hard to come by. Totally agree on the junkyard deal. I got some of the harder to find stuff from a company called LMCTruck (www.lmctruck.com). Not sure if the stuff is licensed from Ford or not.... That and just because its listed in the catalog, doesn't necessarily mean they have it on the shelf. Good deal on getting yours rolling, makes me want another old Ford....

jetboat
    Yeah, but this year we're gonna come up to the shop and get you.
    Somebody needs to call Joe Don, Fonda wants to know if he's cooking breakfast tacos.......
    We are going to tow the flattie with our '66 F-100, it was down for repairs last year. Talk about waiting for a part....the column shift tube broke, I ordered a replacement part from Dennis Carpenter last September.
    The company that makes the part waits until there is enough demand to make a production run (made in Argentina ), so I finally got a new tube TWO WEEKS AGO.......
    What fun, had to take the column out of the truck to replace the part, forgot how it reassembled since I took it apart LAST AUGUST.....
    All day Saturday and some of Sunday it works again. Wife pointed out I am getting stupider as I get older.......
    Just need to replace an A/C hose, recharge it, and we are good to go.
    Hey jetboat, I'll be looking forward to meeting you, didn't know there was another Plano hot boater on the boards.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../109redone.JPG
    were in plano are you in? i'am in the snottiy section of deerfield,bunch of wantw bees.will be close to campsite 32 at plowmans,come on over. or call me since were neighbors.ill pm my phone number.

Brazos River Rat
    Hey RRRR
    Jetboat ( steve) will be in #26 campsite with us.
    Come over and visit
    Glad you got the old ford going . Pretty sweet set up.
    I will be in the 68 white chevy with my cole v-drive in my avator

rrrr
    were in plano are you in? i'am in the snottiy section of deerfield,bunch of wantw bees.will be close to campsite 32 at plowmans,come on over. or call me since were neighbors.ill pm my phone number.
    LOL I live at Parker and Independence, not to far from you. I'll give you a call next week.......
    The "30s" are where everyone in our group hangs out, so you'll be in a good place.......

jetboat
    LOL I live at Parker and Independence, not to far from you. I'll give you a call next week.......
    The "30s" are where everyone in our group hangs out, so you'll be in a good place.......
    whats the ''30''s? hope not the number of grand kids!

rrrr
    whats the ''30''s? hope not the number of grand kids!
    Plowman's campsite numbers......... :rollside:

jetboat
    Plowman's campsite numbers......... :rollside:
    next week will be fine,doing a side tile job,and replacing the flexplate.do you know charlie francis?he's got a taylor,hes been more than helping on the engine side along with impatient 1.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast