Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alot of Stolen Boats?

sdpm
    I have been getting alot of stolen boat reports lately. Atleast 1 sometimes 2 a week. Reported yesterday 2005 27' Ultra Shadow & Extreme Trailer w/triple axle w/20" wheels from Lk Havasu. White w/burgandy and yellow (tribal design). Date of incident 8-5-06. Havasu rept # 066254
    $1000.00 reward is offered by Ins. co.
    Where are all these stolen boats and parts going? Not a good sign!

USCFAN
    :idea:

andy01
    I think it is something like 85 percent of all boat thefts the owner has involement with. They have the boat insured for way more then they can sell it for, they can't sell it so they get rid of it and claim the insurance. Then the rest of us pay higher rates, while the jackass that did it sit in jail after he gets cought. They catch most of them
    Andy

ratso
    I think it is something like 85 percent of all boat thefts the owner has involement with. They have the boat insured for way more then they can sell it for, they can't sell it so they get rid of it and claim the insurance. Then the rest of us pay higher rates, while the jackass that did it sit in jail after he gets cought. They catch most of them
    Andy
    I would agree with that 100%...

ToMorrow44
    I know several of them end up in Riverside stripped. Seems that a lot of boat companies that need parts are in Riverside...

sdpm
    Location of incident: Offshore Dr., Lake Havasu. Is this street commercial or a residential ? Doesn't give an address just street. If it is residential I wonder where the boat was parked? Seems to me that a nice new boat like this would be kept inside. Wonder if it was stolen from a shop or storage yard? Anyone on here know who the owner is or any details? Seems strange to me?

C-2
    Just the other day I stumbled upon a small, new, boat shop in my area. I'm like WTF? I'll be keeping an eye on it.

RitcheyRch
    Might be some truth to that.
    Andy

TCN
    I have been getting alot of stolen boat reports lately. Atleast 1 sometimes 2 a week. Reported yesterday 2005 27' Ultra Shadow & Extreme Trailer w/triple axle w/20" wheels from Lk Havasu. White w/burgandy and yellow (tribal design). Date of incident 8-5-06. Havasu rept # 066254
    $1000.00 reward is offered by Ins. co.
    Where are all these stolen boats and parts going? Not a good sign!
    Remember when ours got stolen 2 weeks after we got it back from your shop in 2001. Never recovered to our knowledge and we have never seen it at the lake or river. 1982 Bahner Closed Bow Jet. It sat in your yard about 4 months while the trailer was being re-done and while you were re-building the pump and intake and all the other stuff you did to it. I still miss that boat sometimes. Especially when the auto withdrawl hits for the new one we have. Nick

ULTRA28
    Andy
    I agree. It pisses me off anytime one of my boats is reported stolen. It hurts everybody else that owns one. These boats are hard enough to insure without having the rates go up due to them being considered high risk.
    I don't think this customer had anything to do with his boat coming up missing. He owned the boat outright and did not have it insured for what it would cost to replace. This is the CF boat from 2005 that had that crazy stereo in it. A lot of you will remember it from the LA show last year in the lobby.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rity27side.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...arity27top.JPG

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast