Thread: V drive w/pumps

pebo
    Do some people run the Jabsco (sp) water pumps instead of cam driven? How do they work ?
    Thanks

Big Boys Toy PE857
    I ran a 12 v electric water pump, from Graingers Supply, not a Jabsco brand but something comparable, on a blown alcohol BBC in a drag boat. It did a great job for that application, however I'm not sure if it would supply enough water for a lake deal.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I ran an electric pump on a 396 for about five years. It never missed a beat.

superdave013
    I ran a Teel pump for an RV shower. Come to think of it I ran that pump in the boat you now have.
    To bad I sold it about a year ago. It was mounted to a slick bracket that I made out of a chunk of Ti.

blowngas
    I ran a small water pump driven off the crank using dry sump pulleys-----had to make a bracket and such, but it worked as well as being cam driven. If you have a cam drive pump, it could be adapted to the belt drive mounts that enderle sells.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Earomarine made a front motor plate with a water pump mount plate built in.

deltaAce
    Mercruiser V8s use a nice & simple crank pully pump, available R or L side low mount & bracket. Easy to find new or used. The plastic housing pumps should be used with a sea strainer. Actually any pump should.

pebo
    Guess I'll just run my Magnaflow. Dave you should have saved the R/V shower pump for me. J/K, never heard of that deal a shower pump?