Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling the boat

NautiII
    First off, let me start by saying that we had a BLAST at Saguaro today. water was nice, and the scenery was twice as nice.....if you know what I mean. now, today, the water was so rough at points that I came out of the water once and totally screwed up my back. I have a bad back anyway, so this didnt help it. I am tossing around the idea of selling the jet, or trading it for some sort of bow rider (more family oriented). I do love the jet, but it is not worth tearing myself up over. it is just a thought for now...........

marty722
    I'm in the same boat you are meaning bad back and stuff so I sold my low profile jet and got into a bowrider with more freeboard.... Hated it... Sold it and bought another low profile jet.... You will miss the power of a jet..... I just learned to take it easy in the rough water and boat alot during the week...... Good luck!!!!

squirt'nmyload
    thats why you don't take a jetboat to any of the lakes in phoenix, in the summer on the weekend.....i go on the weekdays, and i can't wait till winter for weekend camping trips to saguaro..... when i go to the lake i like to drive my boat, not sit all day on the beach and wait for everone to leave before i can attempt to make it back to the docks

squirt'nmyload
    oh...and....DON'T SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUMP TIGHT
    $1,000
    I will pick it up tomorrow!

http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=16884 http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=16887 I'm in the same boat you are meaning bad back and stuff so I sold my low profile jet and got into a bowrider with more freeboard.... Hated it... Sold it and bought another low profile jet.... You will miss the power of a jet..... I just learned to take it easy in the rough water and boat alot during the week...... Good luck!!!! Lake boats aren't that bad and you can still have a jet look at mine

NautiII
    http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=16884 http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=16887 Lake boats aren't that bad and you can still have a jet look at mine
    Now I could do something like that. just have to find one. oh, and the other problem is, Janice can only go during the weekend. so the weekdays are out. $1000.........LOL.......F.U.

bradbigsley
    just go to the river man.. your boat is taking the same beating as your back.. stress cracks, cra ck stringers, etc... i stay off lakes on weekends

cave
    NautiII If thats what you need to do bro do it. I hate sitting on the beach too so I just try to drive around the tough stuff. I know this cant be done on Sundays when all the comp boats are out.
    I found that when I extended my steering colum out my jolts to my back were gone. I just added the extention this year and the last time I was out It was rough. Came down on the top of a wake that that was created by two boat wakes becoming 1. The extention keeps me in my seat leaning back rather than leaning forward.
    Why not get a different hull thats more like a 19 or is it a 18" Cheyene or 31" Daytona? That would give you a little bit smoother hull.

Legal Chemistry
    Some people scoff at the idea, but why not both? I have a 24' open bow jet. Yes it's bigger and heavier than the traditional jet -but at the same time it allows me in waters the flatties wouldn't dare to go out in. You can run the shallows, ski/tube, cross the havasu washing machine. For me it's worked out perfect for a fun family-ish boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast