Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess who........

flat broke
    Randy,
    The boat looks great. Amazing how clean and straight it looks in the pics considering its age. Now I know why you went the route you did. When I first heard that you bought the boat you took your first gullwing ride in, I was thinking a tired looking CP that had seen it's day on the river. Deffintely not what you have there.
    I'm with Danny, run the fiberglass scoop. In the pics it looks like the blue is a pretty decent match. Just mask it off and shoot some white over the grey and call it done till you come up with a new scheme for Todd to lay down.
    You gonna re/PC the pump white with blue accents in the winter?
    Congratulations on a nice piece.
    Chris

Taylorman
    I guess someone will be in the 100's now.

mrgoslow
    invisible rideplate? or is being replaced? dig the blues btw and if you take your time with a rattle can, some white on that scoop would look more than respectable.

HBjet
    Thanks FlatBroke, its not a run down beatup tired CP that's for sure. It actually has been sitting in a garage for almost 4 years. Its certainly not the way I would want it, but for now I'm just trying to get on the water this weekend. I will be coating all the white pump pieces blue, as well as all the old anodized blue pieces that have faded over time (rail kit, foot throttle, etc) and then new interior. This boat is straight up 1987 CP and its the original interior. The wood is in great shape as well as the carpet.
    I know all of you think that scoop is alright to run, but its not doing it for me. We'll see.
    As for the ride plate, its getting one, just didn't have it installed when the photo was taken, as well as many other things that are needed... Should be a busy next few days.
    HBjet

SoCal Power
    Boat looks good HB. Congrats!
    Did you run this on your Liberty? These are pretty cool little trim devices.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Speed_Trim.jpg
    Hope to catch up with you this weekend, I'll be running the tri-toon in the 35-40 mph bracket.
    db

MudPumper
    P.S. i dont think the scoop looks bad at all on there but maybe in the daylight its different.
    That's funny, some people have said the same thing about Randy.
    The boat looks great bro, diggin the gel fo sho. I'm going to print out the pics and show them to Swanson next time I'm by his house. I'm sure he'll love to see it. :crossx:

HBjet
    That's funny, some people have said the same thing about Randy.
    The boat looks great bro, diggin the gel fo sho. I'm going to print out the pics and show them to Swanson next time I'm by his house. I'm sure he'll love to see it. :crossx:
    Thanks, but let me take some different ones where there is more light and I will email them to you or post them. If he's at the river this weekend it would be cool to run into him at Shell Beach on Sunday. We'll see.
    HB

HBjet
    Boat looks good HB. Congrats!
    Did you run this on your Liberty? These are pretty cool little trim devices.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Speed_Trim.jpg
    Hope to catch up with you this weekend, I'll be running the tri-toon in the 35-40 mph bracket.
    db
    You know, I had a Place on my Liberty and when I sold the boat the Place went with it. This old skool diverter was put on when the original owner set the boat up in 87. I totally love the handle, way better then the Place models. We'll see how it works out. I know this boat hauled ass back in its day and was the boat to beat at Lost Lake for years. It seemed to work then...
    A little history about this boat and me for those who don't know. When I was 14 years old I went to Needles with my father and some of his friends and one of his friends had a blue and white boat that was the fastest thing I had ever seen on water. (it ran 95mph then with a 454, little B&M single carb blower and nitrous) It was also the very first time I had ever been in a jet boat and I can still remember the ride to this day. We started going to the river all the time after that and we even had a place at Lost Lake and this boat was the fastest in the camp, pretty much on any given weekend (it had a 468ci BBC, 8:71 with two 1050's and even more nitrous). The first time I went over 100mph was in this boat at the age of 15-16 during the classic Saturday Night River Races at Lost Lake. It was like yesterday wearing lifeline vests and even sporting the Zinca florescent warpaint under our eyes like we were going out for battle. Ever since I saw this California Performance it set the standard for what I wanted in a boat when I grew up. This boat was eventually sold to a another friend in the group of my dads buddies and I have always kept in touch with him, telling him whenever you decide to sell this boat, I want first dibs. Well, I had told him that for 8+ years and this year he let me know, he was no longer going to use it, and its mine if I want it. So for me, its priceless, to have the very boat I took my first ride in at the river, first time I went over 100mph, and the very boat that set the standard for me of what the best river boat would be like. To say I'm completely thrilled and I find it hard to work on because I just want to stare at it for hours is a huge understatment. I still can't believe I own a CP, let alone the very CP that got me hooked into going to the river.
    HBjet

Jordy
    That's cool. Congrats Randy!!!

Not Twice
    Randy,
    Congratulation on the new boat, it looks great. Got to love the colors. CP’s and Jet Boat Alley they just go together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast