Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting a V-Drive on the trailer?

superV
    1981 Eliminator 20' Sport Cruiser,400 Trubo,454, Casel...I have never had a V-Drive so this will be a First for me..Also tell me about Driving one? I know that there is no steering in reverse but tell me how bad is it? Can you beach the bow of the boat as long as you have deep water or does everyone ancor right off the water line a bit?

Blown 472
    Sounds like too much work, you should just give it to me.

superV
    Blown 472:
    Sounds like too much work, you should just give it to me. Ya thats it you can pay me in shoes!

superV
    Where is SuperDave at? Im sure he can set clue me in!

dossangers
    superV:
    1981 Eliminator 20' Sport Cruiser,400 Trubo,454, Casel...I have never had a V-Drive so this will be a First for me..Also tell me about Driving one? I know that there is no steering in reverse but tell me how bad is it? Can you beach the bow of the boat as long as you have deep water or does everyone ancor right off the water line a bit? Just like riding a bike its easy go out nd play youll get it!!

superdave013
    superV:
    Where is SuperDave at? Im sure he can set clue me in! Ok, you asked for it.
    Get it!

Just make sure it's not in gear.
    [ February 27, 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

ACCEPTENCE
    superV:
    1981 Eliminator 20' Sport Cruiser,400 Trubo,454, Casel...I have never had a V-Drive so this will be a First for me..Also tell me about Driving one? I know that there is no steering in reverse but tell me how bad is it? Can you beach the bow of the boat as long as you have deep water or does everyone ancor right off the water line a bit? Driving one??? A whole lot -o- fun. Steering in reverse can be a little tricky, but not a big deal. You can beach it provided you have enough water under the back, better idea like you say would be anchor it bow out and git a little wet. Better then bouncing your rudder and prop on the bottom when wakes pass... my.02
    Have a good time with it!!!

superV
    Where do I hook up the water, to start it on the trailer? Is there a inline T or something?

superV
    If I take the prop off I can put it in gear right?

69 Elim
    since no one else has answered your question, this is what I do. Find your water pump. the inlet from the lake to it, take it off and put a hose from there into a bucket on the ground. put the garden hose into the bucket and fill it up with water (keep the water running). the pump will suck water out of the bucket into the motor. I know this works on my flats as it doesn't have to pull water up that high. experiment and see if the pump will pull water high enough for ya in a day crusier. as for running the thing in gear - I would advise to just run it in neutral. Mine always makes a nasty sound in gear on the trailer. But yes, you can do it. Maybe someone else has a better idea, just my 2 cents...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast