Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting a V-Drive on the trailer?

GofastRacer
    If you want to test the tranny, disconnect the driveshaft, then you can run it!..

superV
    GofastRacer:
    If you want to test the tranny, disconnect the driveshaft, then you can run it!.. Thats the ticket why did i not think of that!
    frown

GofastRacer
    Too busy thinking about other shit!!..

superV
    GofastRacer:
    Too busy thinking about other shit!!.. Yup!
    My pick up is on the bottom too!
    I think i git it all now... wink

GofastRacer
    Right on!.. wink

superV
    One other thing the floor has a bad spot under the right rear seat about 10"x10" ( this is where the anchor was) so I will have some floor work to do. But the stringers are all good. But I still think at under 5K for the boat its a deal? Ive heard these boats bring 10K plus no problem. So if I dont like it you will see it for sale at a good deal for the next guy, But I dont see that happening!

GofastRacer
    Nothing that can't be fixed!..

superV
    So what is the average speed I can look forward too? I know you need to know what gears and im not sure. I do know its a 454 Hardin that says 403hp on the valve cover? And the prop has two ears on it not sure on the pitch. But with a dailed in set up with what i have what would you say. Ill change what i have to! I would like to see atleast 75mhp? Is this a long shot wink

superV
    BTW Ive been told that is a LS7 motor? Not sure tho... Could this be right? argue

Thunderbutt
    SuperV If that motor hasn't been run for 2 years I'd change the oil then pull the Distributor and turn the oil pump over with a drill motor and get the oil through the motor. when you check the compresson put in a few drops of oil in each hole. Check the gas it might be bad , drain the carb. duct tape a hose to the line coming from the pick up and start it. NOT IN GEAR (And then give it to me)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast