Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 525 too big or 496HO too small?

ratso
    I love these threads....
    I love these threads....
    Did I say i love these threads.....
    I know of alot of people wishing they went big right now.....
    GO AS BIG AS YOU CAN AFFORD AND THEN GO ONE STEP BIGGER...
    TRUST ME ON THIS ONE....
    YOU NEVER HEAR ANYONE SAY DAMN I WISH I HAD A SLOWER BOAT, BUT EVERYONE WISHES THEY HAD A FASTER BOAT
    Kinda like boobs huh? :idea:

Kilrtoy
    Kinda funny that they don't try and upsell you to make an extra couple of bucks. The Mag is all that is needed. .
    I thought there was no money to be made in motors , I thought they were all sold at cost :idea:

talbert450r
    Even if you go with the 600 you will wish you had the 625, get the 625 you will wish you had gone bigger, like I said It will never end. Find out what boat you want and see what everyone else is running, and ask the boat owners what they think of their motor pros v cons. Then make your decision and never look back. :boxed:

Kilrtoy
    Even if you go with the 600 you will wish you had the 625, get the 625 you will wish you had gone bigger, like I said It will never end. Find out what boat you want and see what everyone else is running, and ask the boat owners what they think of their motor pros v cons. Then make your decision and never look back. :boxed:
    I bought the biggest motors made and am so glad I did...
    I would regret it if I would have gone smaller

rodnjen
    Not one person asked what the boat will be used for, is it a family ski/wakeboard weekend cruiser? Or, do you like running high rpm's most of the time. That particular boat (Essex) has a lot of utility, it's not necesarily the fastest hull but it is stable and predictable. You may not see much benefit for the extra money with the 525. I've talked with a couple of Valor owners that say they see 70 with the HO, not bad.
    It just depends on what you are buying the boat for.

acatitude
    bigger is always better:crossx:
    ditto
    hp is like boobs if some is good more is better :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
    Buy my 29 Essex with a 525.....Now, to the question at hand, I think the HO in the 24 would be plenty fast but if you need to have the blue motor, go for it.

phebus
    I would call my insurance agent, and get a quote on the boat set up both ways, and see what the difference is.

voodoomedman
    I thought there was no money to be made in motors , I thought they were all sold at cost :idea:
    If you believe that I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you. Hell If you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free.

voodoomedman
    I love these threads....
    I love these threads....
    Did I say i love these threads.....
    I know of alot of people wishing they went big right now.....
    GO AS BIG AS YOU CAN AFFORD AND THEN GO ONE STEP BIGGER...
    TRUST ME ON THIS ONE....
    YOU NEVER HEAR ANYONE SAY DAMN I WISH I HAD A SLOWER BOAT, BUT EVERYONE WISHES THEY HAD A FASTER BOAT
    Your right to a certain extent. It depends on the hull and what the boat is used for. I am actually perfectly happy with my 496 Mag. However I did upgrade. It was not standard when I bought mine. The 6.2 was standard and I got a look from my wife for spending the extra. I would be bugged about it to this day if I did not upgrade. Now there isn't much need for extra in my hull. Maybe a 525 would be alright. However, there that just built one with a Teague 800 in it. Helllllooooooooo. I hope he knows how to control himself in that thing or we are going to be see another one of those knock down drag out threads debating the quality of an Ultra because some dude has way too much power for his boat. Your boat is bichen but I wouldn't want to drive it with some sort of 5000 horsepower jet engine in it. Even you would say I got too much power.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast