Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who on HB run offshore?

VanDeano
    I'm about 92db at idle...never been stopped.
    If you guys are in HB this weekend...look for me. I'll probably do Newport on Saturday, and Yardhouse on Sunday (or Yardhouse on Saturday and Newport on Sunday...lol).
    Looks like calm conditions...
    FRI
    WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W TO NW 10 TO 15 KT IN
    THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT. PATCHY FOG
    IN THE MORNING.
    FRI NIGHT
    W TO NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W
    SWELL 2 FT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.
    SAT THROUGH SUN
    W WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W
    SWELL 2 FT.
    If you go to Long Beach across from the Yard house they have a place to rinse your boat for free.

Havasu Hangin'
    If you go to Long Beach across from the Yard house they have a place to rinse your boat for free.
    My friend has a house (with a dock) in Huntington Harbor...so I usually just leave it in all weekend.

Quality Time
    Being a tool..being on the same team...I need team players that dont f*uck it up for the rest of the team. You don't know me and I don't know you, but if you think that its ok to go WOT 300 yrds from shore and don't think the law isn't going to come down on you and I supposed to agree with that because were on the "same team" give me a break. And I never said everybody with twins is being a idiot. If your one of those that do it then your an idiot. Trust me I have a large offshore that is plenty loud, a lot louder then must of my buddy's twins. But we have common sense not to go WOT right by the pier, and I don't want to cork it up because of some peoples ignorance. Long Beach is really relaxed on the laws on the water, and if people like yourself think it is ok to hull ass after dark, well then your going to f*uck it up for the rest of us. I don't go WOT 300 yrds from shore where most likely the complaints will come from ether the restaurant owners, shop owners, or the residences. It has nothing to do with small boat against large boat. When we run we run along the break wall rocks away from any chance of disturbing anybody. Plus its a whole lot safer then taking a chance on hitting a wind surfer.
    I have been going Long Beach for the last 15 yrs and this is the first year that this has been happening and it is a small group of people that are doing it. It is a shame that I see that there may be followers that are going to screw this whole place up. It only take a few to f*uck it up for the rest.
    I don't run "inshore" and you are right I don't know you only from what I read in your first post and the following statement set me off.
    It is getting real popular with the big boys running twins with no mufflers. Only bad thing is half these guys are idiots.
    "Idiots come in all sizes and I've read more than one thread on these boards that gets into one boeat verses another."
    Not all that familiar with LB and where you can run WFO near restaurants. I see restaruants and homes being more pizzed about loud boats in the no-wake zones. Witnessed a crowd at a water side restaurant clap when a Checkmate shut his motor down. Sad part was he had switchable down tubes and could have been more courteous. BTW, this was out of state, but I've witnessed it in Newport as well.
    Be safe

Havasu Hangin'
    Witnessed a crowd at a water side restaurant clap when a Checkmate shut his motor down.
    I had people clap when I shut my motors down on the pier in Catalina. I did the right thing...
    ...I took a bow.

Quality Time
    I had people clap when I shut my motors down on the pier in Catalina. I did the right thing...
    ...I took a bow.

VanDeano
    I don't run "inshore" and you are right I don't know you only from what I read in your first post and the following statement set me off.
    It is getting real popular with the big boys running twins with no mufflers. Only bad thing is half these guys are idiots.
    "Idiots come in all sizes and I've read more than one thread on these boards that gets into one boeat verses another."
    Not all that familiar with LB and where you can run WFO near restaurants. I see restaruants and homes being more pizzed about loud boats in the no-wake zones. Witnessed a crowd at a water side restaurant clap when a Checkmate shut his motor down. Sad part was he had switchable down tubes and could have been more courteous. BTW, this was out of state, but I've witnessed it in Newport as well.
    Be safe
    I appreciate your comment, I know now we're on the same page. I would hate to see that area of Long Beach be turned into a 35 mph zone. If I see you next time Im out there maybe we can have a cold one.

VanDeano
    ...I took a bow.

Luck you, I was shown the finger. :2purples:

Havasu Hangin'
    Luck you, I was shown the finger. :2purples:
    They were just telling you that you were #1!

ekbearly
    I am out in Long Beach Harbor almost every weekend. I am going to be out Thurs and Fri night and then in Newport on Monday.
    Let me see pics of your boats so I know who you are when I am out. Mine is below:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=17178

Quality Time
    I appreciate your comment, I know now we're on the same page. I would hate to see that area of Long Beach be turned into a 35 mph zone. If I see you next time Im out there maybe we can have a cold one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast