Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When financing a used boat.........

Nord
    What steps does one go through??
    Jeremy, a new member here on the boards is going to buy a boat (used) and needs to know. I'd like to get educated on this topic as well!
    As I said before, if there is anyone out there that finances, please contact me, I have a candidate for you...
    Thanks
    ~NORD~

mbrown2
    Get the 1-800 number for Key Bank and ask for the Marine department....
    Have purchased three boats using them and they are an amazing outfit. After getting approved they turn you to a 3rd party closing outfit that hand holds the closing....getting all the docs to the buyer/seller, handling all registrations and payoff....once approved, it takes about a day to get the loan docs...they include their fed ex account so you can overnight it back....so now on day 3 they get the docs, and by day 4 or when you say I have performed a final inspection , they have the rest of the funds wired to the sellers account within another 24hrs.....and then you have a new boat to you...

Nord
    Get the 1-800 number for Key Bank and ask for the Marine department....
    Have purchased three boats using them and they are an amazing outfit. After getting approved they turn you to a 3rd party closing outfit that hand holds the closing....getting all the docs to the buyer/seller, handling all registrations and payoff....once approved, it takes about a day to get the loan docs...they include their fed ex account so you can overnight it back....so now on day 3 they get the docs, and by day 4 or when you say I have performed a final inspection , they have the rest of the funds wired to the sellers account within another 24hrs.....and then you have a new boat to you...
    Do they send someone out to inspect the boat for value??

mbrown2
    Do they send someone out to inspect the boat for value??
    Nope...go off Nada...and I was normally putting a large amount down so loan to value was never an issue.

Nord
    Thanks Brown!!! Good info.
    I remember meeting a guy at one of the get togethers who is Boatloanguy or something here on the boards. But I can't find him. I thought I'd send the biz his way, however, I'm going to check out your key bank deal instead.
    ~NORD~

Jordy
    I used Melissa at Essex. I did have a survey done by a 3rd party on my boat, which is just added piece of mind when buying a big ticket item. I had no problem paying the money to have someone who has a full time job looking over the boats and making sure everything is as it should be.

ThongMagnet
    Finance your home not your boat.

Nord
    nord, tell your bro (and you) just pay cash for it and quit your whinning :cry: financing just puts you behind the eight-ball and makes the banks (& loan co's.) richer ...... don't sell out to the "suits" ..... own your own s hit !!! :rollside: (d-no)
    My boat is paid for and my truck is paid for Dean.. My house is financed though. Its the only thing I've ever financed actually.
    Jeremy started a thread on here "first time boat buyer" and it sounds like he wants to finance one. Paying cash isn't an option for everyone.
    Anyhow, I was just trying to get some info for him.
    ~NORD~

redi4fun
    Thanks Brown!!! Good info.
    I remember meeting a guy at one of the get togethers who is Boatloanguy or something here on the boards. But I can't find him. I thought I'd send the biz his way, however, I'm going to check out your key bank deal instead.
    ~NORD~
    I think this is who you are looking for.
    Let us know how your used boat loan experience goes. I know I am interested on people experience with the various routes out there.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=7962

Cole Trickle
    My boat is paid for and my truck is paid for Dean.. My house is financed though. Its the only thing I've ever financed actually.
    Jeremy started a thread on here "first time boat buyer" and it sounds like he wants to finance one. Paying cash isn't an option for everyone.
    Anyhow, I was just trying to get some info for him.
    ~NORD~
    Do a search for Mellissa at Essex she was very easy to talk to and had great rates.(I didn't go with her but I would have)
    Also be advised that some brokers will charge you a fee for placing the loan.(Middleman)
    I would go straigt to the source and save the point/$$ that the brokers get.
    I say he buys your boat and you step up tp the 28XP!!! :crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast