Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INFO about the DELTA...Please!

n8dawg
    I am in need of some info on this place. Just looking at some websites it looks like a very cool place to boat. Would like know about Hotels/Cabins on the Delta. Something with a water view. No tent camping. I hear they have alot of restuarants that you boat up too....gonna need some info on that as well. So let me know what you guys think, what water ways to explore with a jet boat, ect...
    Any links, phone #'s, or maps would be great!
    Thanks in advance! :crossx:

78 challenger
    I do not live on the Delta, but I have been going there since I was a young kid. I would say rent a houseboat if you can. A map is something you will absolutly need, which you can get at any marina up there. It is like over a 1000 miles of different waterways .For houseboats I would call Herman and Hellens, you should be able to do a search to get there web site.

abraman1326
    I'm not sure about where you can rent cabins, but as far as restraunts, check out Sugar Bardge, Orwood (which is where most Delta boat trips start out and our meeting place in the mornings before Delta outings), Tower Park, And there are others I can't think of right now. Let us know when you are making the trek, and we'll meet up...
    BRA

sam pioske
    Riverboat moore's, weekends live band in afternoon and or eve.
    Windmill cove, great band weekends eve.http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif
    Talking

HighVoltage 329
    The delta is a great place to boat but it's much different than lake boating. There are channels that are 50' to 100' wide that smooth out quickly. Great for skiing ect. The main rivers get much wider 200'+ and can get a little rough. The best part is that there many places to go by boat. From Sacramento to Stockton, Discovery Bay to Lost Isle. Check it out! There are hotels in Sac. on the river.

bocco
    Never, NEVER, let gas tank get below 1/2 tank. You will get lost and it's no big deal unless your low on gas.

randy77zt
    snug harbor has cabins for rent and camp spaces too.vey quiet there.it is very important to carry a map and lots of gas.its easy to get lost.many bars on the water with bands on the weekends.the san jauquin county sheriffs are very tough on drinking this year so keep the beers low.

NorCalCat
    I am in need of some info on this place. Just looking at some websites it looks like a very cool place to boat. Would like know about Hotels/Cabins on the Delta. Something with a water view. No tent camping. I hear they have alot of restuarants that you boat up too....gonna need some info on that as well. So let me know what you guys think, what water ways to explore with a jet boat, ect...
    Any links, phone #'s, or maps would be great!
    Thanks in advance! :crossx:
    B&W has cabins and they are in a good location. Nice lawn area too.
    http://www.bandwresort.com/ (http://)

n8dawg
    We booked a cabin at the Snug Harbor for Labor Day weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:
    Very excited about boating in some new waters! Thanks for all the info and help. Let us know if your going to be out there that weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast