Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two jet hulls need to sell one

wickedfab
    i have two hulls. a 78 tahit,and a 80 haskell. both about 19 ft
    the tahiti was my parents boat they bought new in 78 and sold it ten years ago to a stranger and i bought it off him a few months ago. i dont know my boat lingo so bare with me....1/4 stringer/stock rebuilt jc pump with jetovader sp?
    the haskell is full stringer/jg pump w/droop, dunno about the internals.
    i want to go fast but want to keep the tahiti....i know the haskell is a better hull but if i put full stringers in the tahiti will it be comparable? i was going to put the jg in the tahiti and the jc in the haskell.
    the motor is about 600 hp fyi
    help i need to sell one asap.
    heres the tahiti..i will post teh haskell pics when i can

wickedfab
    oops forgot the main point......help me decide.......which one should i keep...the tahiti is cleaner fo sho.. but the haskell i dont mind beating it, and painting it to match the tow rig.

oops forgot the main point......help me decide.......which one should i keep...the tahiti is cleaner fo sho.. but the haskell i dont mind beating it, and painting it to match the tow rig.
    i would personally keep the Tahiti!...very good looking boat...just put full stringers in it & ur good to go ...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

W.O.T
    how do you put full stringers in? im guessing just take the old ones out and glass some new ones in? is that a pretty hard thing to to do? i think i would keep the tahiti. you cant have much more sentimental value than that.

QuickJet
    Ryan...Keep the Tahiti. That thing is clean and it's got a lot of sentimental value (something you can't replace). You have to ask yourself how fast you want to go. If your looking for low to mid 80's like most jets, your Tahiti can do that with the right power and some pump stuff. It's easier to make it faster than it is to make it pretty.

HaulinAss
    Keep the tahiti damnit.That boat is clean and like Scott says it holds sentimental value.I had a BBO Tahiti and it hauled ass with minimul power and road nice as well.Also there are PLENTY of 1/4 string boats out there that haul ass.Anyhow when you gonna start hitting the damn lakes

I agree with the rest, keep the tahiti... There's a reason you bought that boat in the first place I'm currently in the process of restoring the boat my parents had when i was a kid, i couldnt imagine selling it...
    I think you'll regret selling it down the road if you do decide to sell the tahiti!

JoeB
    The Tahiti is a great looking ride. With it's history with your family, there's no way I would sell it. My opinion.

wickedfab
    sweet thnx fellas.....
    im looking for 80-90 tops. as far as puting in stringers i was juist going to glass new ones in.
    ok so i now have a hull for sale....
    1980 haskell/ bo w/ single axle trailer.

FreeRide
    You have any pics. and what is included with it? Pump? Rigging Hardware?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast