Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the R/E market doing by you?

framer1
    All I know is in one day... I had framing crews come from Santa Maria... 60 miles from job, Salinas...110 miles from job, Bakerfield...100 miles from job all looking for work. That is not a good sign for real estate. I've been around long enough to smell a big slow down and it's coming. Sales are just to slow but it will come back...It's just when.

framer1
    damn it.... I only wish I could short the R/E market :cry: :cry:
    Reits and building co.

al cole'holic
    ...opening escrow on a 4th property, 7 figures here in Simi...gonna rent my personal primary residence to someone waiting for burst...the sky is falling

cc239badlands
    Everyone has to remember that before this boom over the last five years the normal house would sit on the market for 3 to 6 months. It appears to be going that way again.

THOR
    Doing f'n great in HB

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    How are all of you lenders doing with re-fi's

I have not been having any trouble with values yet.
    You don't work much in Pomona do you.

Everybody told us months ago that the sky was not falling...It appears that those optimists are starting to side with us.
    I don't think the sky is falling but a serious and historically past due correction is in progess imo. I recall at least 4 threads on here over the past year where peeps just didn't wanna hear it. Prices will continue to fall for some time to come in most areas I think. Of course there always pockets of exceptions but that will be the big picture for awhile. Most properties were at least 25% over valued IMO.
    The people that are gonna feel it are those that pulled out all the money in their over valued house for all the wrong reasons (toys, vacations, etc). Banking on low continued interest rates on their seconds and continued double digit appreciation annually.
    Speaking of values falling anyone noticed the glut of used boats on the market in the past few months. Wonder what the statistics are there vs a year ago. And what that will look like in another 6 mo. I hear many builders are slow too. All signs of the above RE slowdown, high gas prices, etc. IMO.

mondorally
    Doing f'n great in HB
    THOR,
    Where you at?
    -Justin

mondorally
    Reits and building co.
    You beat me to it! I think most have already taken the hit (Builders shares are down 25-50%) and actually may be good buys if things settle down a bit.
    -Justin

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast