Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Dually V. Ford Dually

MudPumper
    Does anybody know the payload and hauling capacities of the Chevy 3500 Dually Diesel compared to the F-350 Dually Diesel???? Cant find much info on the Chevy Website. I'm talking 06-07 models

BajaMike
    See link below for tow ratings on all 2006 trucks....
    Trailer Boats Magazine Tow Ratings Link (http://www.trailerboats.com/images/e...6045_tow06.pdf)
    :rollside:

BajaMike
    Looks like they are both about 12,000 lbs. The Ford Super Duty F-350 is rated at 15,000 lbs.

Sleek-Jet
    I passed a couple Chevy full size engineer mules coming through Salt River Canyon this last weekend.. they looked pretty loaded down. If Chevy continues as before, the dually doesn't buy you anymore towing capacity than the 3/4 ton... if I'm remembering that correctly.

MudPumper
    Thanks Mike,
    I'm actually more interested in the Payload capacity. Need to know how much weight I can put in the bed and haul.

BajaMike
    Thanks Mike,
    I'm actually more interested in the Payload capacity. Need to know how much weight I can put in the bed and haul.
    Sorry, I didn't read your first post very carefully....I'm always thinking about towing capacities.... :idea:

BajaMike
    This site might help for GM trucks...
    Truck Payloads.... (http://www.gmcanada.com/english/truc..._capacity.html)

MudPumper
    Sorry, I didn't read your first post very carefully....I'm always thinking about towing capacities.... :idea:
    Thanks Mike, think I found what I was looking for after a little more research.

Thanks Mike, think I found what I was looking for after a little more research.
    If this helps, I carry 475 gal. (about 4k lb.) of water, in the back of my 87 chev. dually. I would not take it on the frwy. also I carry the same tank, in my F-250 super duty.

vee-driven
    i have an 05 chevy 2500 crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel and my friend has the same thing but a ford f250, fully loading both trucks with 30 foot trailers and bikes in the back he needs load bags to level out his truck and mine barely sags, hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast