Thread: Leadville Kick`s Lake Michigan

MWJSOne
    Check this video of Leadville doing Lake Michaigan Dec30th 2006
    Leads boat a 15ft Eagle SportJet and guys he is only 10 to 15 ft off the shore and sometime closer.Leadville kicks some butt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsicD4ECzPY

Looks like a blast, but I had to turn off the sound It just aint right, to run a two-stroke in a jet boat

UBFJ #454
    Get onshore with a bucket and get him to do that run when the smelt run.

I lived on Little Bay De Noc (Lake Michigan). It was right out my back doorstep. If he'd of done that across our lot, he'd have hit one of two big ass'd boulders and we'd be picking up pieces of fiberglass.

MWJSOne
    I lived on Little Bay De Noc (Lake Michigan). It was right out my back doorstep. If he'd of done that across our lot, he'd have hit one of two big ass'd boulders and we'd be picking up pieces of fiberglass.
    He may be beating the hull out cuase its a Alloy boat Leadville did the Salmon river Jet Boat race last year

Xerophobic
    Haha yea I was going to say no fibreglass to pick up there but you'd prolly have wanted to have your camera ready to catch the airtime haha
    Same boat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9ifsHrzwE
    And racing it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSEJWd8IFA
    **Note the video ends when Mark cut too close to shore and the rock strikes were hard enough to unplug the helmet cam batteries- also note how he ignored the navigator in the process haha ME! We finished the leg however we unknowingly had broken the top off the 2 stroke oil resevoir and missed the next leg finding a replacement- anyone whos getting into racing ALWAYS open your engine compartment hatch imediatly after each run, we didn't and didn't discover the problem fast enough to get into the next leg, dumb dumb dumb**
    Cheers

I stand corrected gentlemen.

Xerophobic
    Haha No worries Squirtcha it ain't exactly the norm even in Michigan altho Im sure Marks working on that one river at a time haha
    Incidentally the 17 sport has a 1/2" thick aluminum keel

Cheers

I was dying last summer. Went to Upper Michigan and stayed at my sister's place with frontage on the Escanaba River. Average depth was 1' - 3' (in July) with a solid rock (limestone I think) bottom. All I kept thinking was I wish I had a beer can boat.