Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Rubucon Jeep Wrangler?

Riverat84
    been thinking of saving up for one....not planning on purchasing until october '07....for a certain someone, and me....any thoughts? im not a big jeep guy, never owned one, but hey, its a REAL jeep, not that new shiz...thanx for the imput...f' sho.
    Reid :crossx:

Outnumbered
    I've got nothing but good things to say about the Jeep TJ's--good rigs. Used to have one and wish I still owned it. Only thing I can think of is that if you plan to use the back seat for people hauling buy the Unlimited model.

Riverat84
    that thing is siiiiiiiiiick....yeah it's been my girl's dream to have one, and i cant think of a sicker gift to give her for her next b-day on next halloween....lol cant afford it this year tho.
    Reid

Riverat84
    I've got nothing but good things to say about the Jeep TJ's--good rigs. Used to have one and wish I still owned it. Only thing I can think of is that if you plan to use the back seat for people hauling buy the Unlimited model.
    yeah f' sho thats what i was thinking of getting if i could afford it.
    Reid

H20 Party Starter
    I love mine....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-30-06_006.jpg
    Dude, last time you were out wheelin, you must have hit a dog, the body is stuck to your front axle :rollside: :boxed:

upsman105
    She's under my office chair right now too.

OCMerrill
    We have an 05 Rubi Unlimited w/ 6sp and the Sahara Package. Soft top only. I could only find an Unlimited Rubi with that stupid Sahara Package in which most of the added goodies are being removed. The seats are cool though. Cruise Control and Leather Wheel...come on...it's a Jeep
    Its a toy only or spare car so to speak so we dont drive it much. We wheel the piss out of it though when we do use it. We flat tow it behind our Motorhome and take it to Johnson Valley or the Sierras often.
    The air lockers lockers work just fine. Axles are Dana 44's, and the xfer case is a NP241 in the Rubi (with a 4:1 low) which is a good unit. The 4.0 is very tough and a long life unit. Just dont expect any kind of decent mpg.

charlyox
    I've got an '04 Rubicon and love it. It will go anywhere.

twowheeledfish
    We have an 05 Rubi Unlimited w/ 6sp and the Sahara Package. Soft top only. I could only find an Unlimited Rubi with that stupid Sahara Package in which most of the added goodies are being removed. The seats are cool though. Cruise Control and Leather Wheel...come on...it's a Jeep
    Its a toy only or spare car so to speak so we dont drive it much. We wheel the piss out of it though when we do use it. We flat tow it behind our Motorhome and take it to Johnson Valley or the Sierras often.
    The air lockers lockers work just fine. Axles are Dana 44's, and the xfer case is a NP241 in the Rubi (with a 4:1 low) which is a good unit. The 4.0 is very tough and a long life unit. Just dont expect any kind of decent mpg.
    Not quite. I may be picking nits here, but the dana44 on the rubi's front axle tain't a full dana 44. It has a dana44 housing, carrier, ring and pinion gears, yes... but the outer axles themselves are dana30 size (27 spline). No joke. Its still a great rig. The rocktrak tcase is beefier than the np231 in a regular tj and runs a full 4:1 ratio in 4low, unlike the np231 which has a 2.72:1 or something close. Buy it, run it, smile.
    I didn't feel like coughing up the cash for a rubi, so I bought a used '00 tj, lifted it, put bigger wheels/tires on, geared to 4.56 and threw a couple arb air lockers in for good measure. The onboard air system rocks too!
    Cheers...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast