Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need good outboard shop in havasu

dschifan
    cruisin down the river by park moabi this weekend and the motor locked up and died...its a 1998 300 promax. the flywheel still spins but seems like one piston gets locked up, who knows. just wondering where in havasu/needles is a good place to go get it checked out... thanks!

phebus
    Lakeland in Havasu

trailerpark_tj
    Call Lew Covert (formerly of Lakeland). He is at a new shop in Havasu, I will PM you his number.
    TJ

DCBDaytona
    Lew

Tom Brown
    the flywheel still spins but seems like one piston gets locked up, who knows. just wondering where in havasu/needles is a good place to go get it checked out... thanks!
    Maybe a ring is catching in a port. You would be able to see what's up if you pull the heads.

dicudmore
    As stated above...Lew is the man when it comes to outboards...

HocusPocus
    i have been using a guy named Peter.. aka The Outboard Dr. for years in Havasu. I have seen alot of nice boats in his shop and he always treats us right so he must be doing something right.

Pro Max
    Lakeland in Havasu is the Best in the area, butt Simon Motorsports in Ramona is the best period on a 300 Pro Max. He did all the work on mine.

TOBTEK
    LEW is at the "outboard doctor" now. sorry dont have the number. IF you cant find it let me know and I'll call "sandbar junkies" from here on HB. He lives next door to the owner in Havasu.
    I have had our F26 with twin 300X's to Richie @ Lakeland and have nothing but good experences so far with them. Had a themastat (sp?) go bad on a Sat morning, he had me back in the water an hour later.....

andy01
    I used lakeland after the above mentioned guy left. THey seemed to be good to deal with.
    Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast