Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Carts - AZ - Street legal

Riveratz
    What do you have to have to make a golf cart street legal in AZ and are there age limits for kids to ride on them while a licensed driver is driving?

lalhc
    I would guess that you need both front & rear lights, brake lights, turn signals, and side & rear view mirrors to make the cart street legal. I would also expect the driver to have their license or at least a drivers permit to legally drive on Arizona streets. My cart is street legal on all streets w/speed limits 35 mph & less.

cactusgolfcarts
    You need to have head/tail/brake lights, windshield, mirror, & horn. I would recommend seat belts because the officers like to see all children(at least) in seatbelts. Turn signals are optional but a good idea. Let me know if we can help.

shadow
    What do you have to have to make a golf cart street legal in AZ and are there age limits for kids to ride on them while a licensed driver is driving?
    do a search,there is probablly more threads on this subject than there is golf carts in AZ.

BigBoyBlue
    Needs to be inspected (windshield, mirror, horn, lights) and registered. Needs insurance, Doesnt need signals during the day, but does for night use(la paz sheriff pulled us over laborday weekend for no signals, but ticketed us for other things like not having a license with us, it was at the house less than 1/8 mile away.) Driver must be 16 or older with drivers license.

riverracerx
    I think they have to be lifted and custom painted?

Riveratz
    Ok thanks for the replies... I am looking more can my 2 1/2 year old ride with me strapped in? Not in town but like a mile away to friends houses.

Trailer Park Casanova
    With out a doubt the most asked question on Boatcop.com.
    Alan will always give friendly answers to your questions like these:
    www.boatcop.com
    Also, Premier golf carts in Havasu has complete street legal packages installed for good prices if ya don't want to hassle it yourself.

Outnumbered
    Needs to be inspected (windshield, mirror, horn, lights) and registered. Needs insurance, Doesnt need signals during the day, but does for night use(la paz sheriff pulled us over laborday weekend for no signals, but ticketed us for other things like not having a license with us, it was at the house less than 1/8 mile away.) Driver must be 16 or older with drivers license.
    No inspections in Maricopa county and I doubt Mohave. Its the honor system to have the right equipment. But if you get stopped and don't have the shiznit on the cart you will get a ticket.

squirt'nmyload
    No inspections in Maricopa county and I doubt Mohave. Its the honor system to have the right equipment. But if you get stopped and don't have the shiznit on the cart you will get a ticket.
    when you go to first register a vehicle in az it must be inspected...basically they just make sure it has seatbelts....i had to have this done when i brought cars from pennsylvania to register here in az

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast