Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: stoker 224 vs schiada 21 rt

scb
    Ok , I know there are a lot of Stoker fans here, but how does the Schiada 21 River Tunnel compair to the Stoker 224 SST in speed, handling, ride, etc. Say a 300X for power on both. Just curious.

mbrown2
    My guess the stoker would be quicker as it probably a lighter hull....not sure on the ride....I think both ride pretty nice and go very fast with moderate power...

riverbound
    I dont have first hand experience witht he Schiada (stoker owner) but I do remember when our original stoker was bought my parents looked at the Schiada also and the Schiada weighed considerably more than the Stoker.
    I also have heard some negative things about the Schiada tunnel, but since they were hearsay and not personal experience I wont commment.

stoker2001
    We love our 224 with Merky 250HP "green" Optimax motor,will get around 8mpg if you putt it and mid eightys with a light load on a good day :crossx: Handles like a dream,doubles as a great slalom ski boat (awesome small wake).Motor is really docile and you never see a wisp of smoke.Schiadas are awesome too as there history speaks for themself.I never knew they built an outboard tunnel model?good luckhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1052delta_hooky_020.jpg

jh4rt
    As a schiada outboard owner (not a tunnel) I think I can answer this without "bashing" on anyone. I love my Schiada! However, the Stoker was designed from the "get-go" as a tunnel boat. With the Schiada, they took the 21 and put boxes in the mold to create tunnels. So it is the same bottom as the traditional V, only it is missing some stuff. ;-)
    If you are dead set on a tunnel boat of that type, the Stoker is probably a better boat. I have heard some really negative things about the handling of the Schiada tunnel at speed.
    Just one guys opinion...

Towndrunk
    I'm going to behave.
    Hi Kevin, how's it hangin?? :hammer2:

scb
    Hey jh4rt, how is your schiada v set up? How's the performance?
    I am intrested in these boats, just looking for opinions.

Tom Brown
    I also have heard some negative things about the Schiada tunnel, but since they were hearsay and not personal experience I wont commment.
    Did you hear the negative comments from the Stoker people?

stoker2001
    Schiadas v-bottoms are Known for there quality and performance in the ski racing associations,a good friend has a 24' V w/pad that runs good and stable with 540ci in/out at 82mph,they are built like a tank and heavy. Hi Kevin, how's it hangin?? Good,we are draging at San Diego next weekend,then the World Finals in Nov.If i can win two rounds at SD i will take back the #1 spot in the points chase.UT says he will be in SD,so hope to see him.Would you be interested in a "Whacker Smacker" race shirt?http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...acker-back.jpg

jh4rt
    Hey jh4rt, how is your schiada v set up? How's the performance?
    I am intrested in these boats, just looking for opinions.
    My engine is mounted directly to the transom in a well. I'm running it fairly high (cone about 3" below the pad) with a 4 blade 21". It runs great everywhere. It goes almost 60 and gets there in a big hurry with 200 hp.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast