Thread: Havasu Speedway tonight

SummitKarl
    some of us are rounding up a tail gate @4pm in the parking lot
    just look for my Falcon
    gates open @4pm race starts @ 6pm
    get there early cause this is going to sell out fast

Boatcop
    Sold out.
    Closed the gates a little after 6:00 PM. Place was packed. Racing was OK. Bunch of wrecks in the trophy dashes. They setled down for the main events.
    The female announcer (Kathy) made my ears bleed. Sounded like Fran Dresher with an even worse sinus problem.
    Concessions sucked. 45 minutes in line to get a couple hot-dogs and cokes. And we were only about 20 back in line. On a positive note, the concession folks are keeping the mentally handicapped and Alzheimers patients employed.
    I didn't see an ambulance or any medical folks at the track, and the crash (fire) crew was the 3 stooges in the back of a white Toyota P/U. Concerned me, since there were a couple of hard hits.
    High point of the night was the wrecker crew. Company is called:
    "Camel Towing" :rollside:

Kachina 34
    The female announcer (Kathy) made my ears bleed. Sounded like Fran Dresher with an even worse sinus problem.
    That's funny.

RiverRatMike
    some of us are rounding up a tail gate @4pm in the parking lot
    just look for my Falcon
    gates open @4pm race starts @ 6pm
    get there early cause this is going to sell out fast
    I could hear the powerful V8's running hard over there from my home here on the South side of town.

SummitKarl
    I could hear the powerful V8's running hard over there from my home here on the South side of town.
    that was just me leaving the park, only things ther with any real power were the open wheel modifieds.

SummitKarl
    Sold out.
    Closed the gates a little after 6:00 PM. Place was packed. Racing was OK. Bunch of wrecks in the trophy dashes. They setled down for the main events.
    Concessions sucked. 45 minutes in line to get a couple hot-dogs and cokes. And we were only about 20 back in line. On a positive note, the concession folks are keeping the mentally handicapped and Alzheimers patients employed.
    I didn't see an ambulance or any medical folks at the track, and the crash (fire) crew was the 3 stooges in the back of a white Toyota P/U. Concerned me, since there were a couple of hard hits.
    High point of the night was the wrecker crew. Company is called:
    "Camel Towing" :rollside:
    hey where were you, I was in the dirt at the north side right behind the camera man, NO WAY.....were BigDoug and I going to fit in the bleachers and we figure that much weight in a concentrated area was a hazard to Riverroyals parents sitting next to us and UNCLELARRY under the bleachers
    your calls on the set up are true to the point, Kathy is not the girl to be the voice of the track, it should be me DJSK
    I have to give them credit where it is due...I DEFINETLY!!!!!! know how hard it is to put a car event like this on...it's hard to predict your gate sales and what you should have on hand, my guess at head count probably isn't far off at 4k, that's ALOT of beer drinking Havasu mouths to feed :rollside:
    I doubt every race will be like that SOLD OUT...it would be nice tho to see the track have that success.
    I am sure they will learn from there experience it may take a few races to fine tune it all, but the end call is did I have fun and will I be back, the answer is YES I DID!!! and I will be first in line to get in next time.
    and I think I just found something to do with my spare parts falcon sitting in the back yard, pure stock class...HERE COMES SK

Boatcop
    hey where were you, I was in the dirt at the north side right behind the camera man, NO WAY.....were BigDoug and I going to fit in the bleachers and we figure that much weight in a concentrated area was a hazard to Riverroyals parents sitting next to us and UNCLELARRY under the bleachers
    We were in the first stands north of the tower. They used to designate it the "Family" section. No beer allowed. I liked that, since there were less loud mouths, and less shuffling to let them in and out to take on/offload supplies every 20 minutes.
    I'd like to see it go back to that, once the crowd thins out.

Kilrtoy
    We went friday night for practice and the one thing that stood out was
    EVERYONE HAD A CIGARETTE IN THE HAND...
    DAMN I HATE CIGARETTES AND THEY SMELL LIKE SHIT.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

SummitKarl
    We went friday night for practice and the one thing that stood out was
    EVERYONE HAD A CIGARETTE IN THE HAND...
    DAMN I HATE CIGARETTES AND THEY SMELL LIKE SHIT.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
    start smoking so you can fit in :crossx:
    did you think car people were vegetarian tree huggers

wildbillg
    hey where were you, I was in the dirt at the north side right behind the camera man,
    I was right there too standing with some folks from the Boat Brokers..
    To bad I missed Big Doug.... I like talkin to him.... (hes a good guy)....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast