Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well the Guard has changed

superdave013
    As you can tell I am no longer the moderator of this forum. But you are in good hands as Rexone is the new one. I could not be happier with their choice to make Mike the mod after I asked to be replaced. He does a great job in the other forums and he really cares about this place.
    I would like to say that it was a great experience being the moderator here. I got to deal with many different personalities. lol, Some of them were good and some bad. But I learned some things that will help me later on when dealing with the public.
    I also would like to thank you guys for having my back and supporting me when I needed it. This is the best forum on the site if you ask me and the reason why is because of all of you (and an occonaisal jetter string the pot!)
    But in the end it got kinda stressful as my time is stretched very thin with to many other projects going on. It's now time for me to focus on completing a few of those.
    As you can see I've got a long ways to go on this part.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9base_on_bandsaw-med.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9base_od_sized-med.jpg[/img]

dmontzsta
    SuperDave what kind of work do you do? you seem to always have machine pics, just wondering if you were a machinist? and if so...do you do mandrel bends?

superdave013
    For right now I make stuff on the side out of the shop I have behind my house. At this point I do not have a mandrel bender but have been thinking about buying one. What size tube do you need bent?

Moneypitt
    Dave is actually a carpenter. He only uses the aluminum to make templates for the wood work...Right Dave?

superdave013
    Moneypitt:
    Dave is actually a carpenter. He only uses the aluminum to make templates for the wood work...Right Dave? I'm not a carpenter but I wake up with wood every day. eek! Don't worry, I've got it handled! wink

dmontzsta
    superdave013:
    For right now I make stuff on the side out of the shop I have behind my house. At this point I do not have a mandrel bender but have been thinking about buying one. What size tube do you need bent? I am just trying to find a person to work with that does welds and mandrel bends. I have a 92 Nissan Maxima V6 DOHC (it is a sleeper) and I have started picking up some pieces for a turbo project, I got a spare motor, intercooler, blow off valve, and I am looking for a cheap t3/t4. And another part of it is finding someone to help me work out the piping, I already know how it is going to run and the piping will be pretty easy, it is just I dont have the equipment or skill to make it nice. Piping would be no bigger than 3".

Sangster
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by superdave013:
    [qb] As you can tell I am no longer the moderator of this forum. But you are in good hands as Rexone is the new one. I could not be happier with their choice to make Mike the mod after I asked to be replaced. He does a great job in the other forums and he really cares about this place.
    I would like to say that it was a great experience being the moderator here. I got to deal with many different personalities. lol, Some of them were good and some bad. But I learned some things that will help me later on when dealing with the public.
    I also would like to thank you guys for having my back and supporting me when I needed it. This is the best forum on the site if you ask me and the reason why is because of all of you (and an occonaisal jetter string the pot!)
    But in the end it got kinda stressful as my time is stretched very thin with to many other projects going on. It's now time for me to focus on completing a few of those.
    SD013...Congrats on a job well done..I don't know REXONE personally but he seems like a Fair, Knowledgeable standup guy..Now you should have plenty of time to post More pics of the "Shiada Project"....
    [ September 25, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

hack job
    well dave iam sure now that you will have that boat done . less typing and more cutting! lol well dave i thought that you did a killer job in here, but i can understand were you were coming from . as far as relaxing goses we will be hitting up the oct fest out in anahiem again this year! your presance will be requested! wink

superdave013
    hack job:
    well dave iam sure now that you will have that boat done . less typing and more cutting! lol well dave i thought that you did a killer job in here, but i can understand were you were coming from . as far as relaxing goses we will be hitting up the oct fest out in anahiem again this year! your presance will be requested! wink lol, I'll tell you what. I'll drink with ya in Anaheim anytime. But I'm comming over to your turf to do a lil bike ride off of Crensaw. You wanna go? Ocean view from high up on the bluff. How could you say no to that? Then we will hit Naja's to get our import drink on!

flat broke
    Dave,
    The last time Hacker was at Del Cerro, I could see his jugular pounding so hard I thought he was gonna explode Not that I was doing that much better I would figure that after his little titanium forearm implant he would be more gung ho, but no luck as of yet. Where is this Naja's you speak of, or is that code for Benihanna <sp>?
    BTW, I think you did a bang up job over here as the moderator even though I mostly lurk in shame because of the big aluminum thing hanging off the ass of my boat Whatcha hoggin out in those pics? The beginnings of your plenum/cooler?
    Chris
    [ September 25, 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: flat broke ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast