Thread: So I am riding my bike today thinking of my upcoming Tahoe trip and......

DILLIGAF
    the bike seems to be acting a little strange. I am on the fwy and it feels a little squirley. I still was going about 80 but it just didn't seem right. As I exited off the fwy I decided to check the front end and the tire pressure. Tire pressure on the front was good and visually I looked at the back. It seemed fine. I drove the 1/2 mile to my house and parked on the sidewalk and saw my tire track. WTF! By this time the back tire was completely flat. So I am looking at it and the ****in' bike falls over on it's side. When all the air left the back tire the bike shifted and fell . The solid bag on the left side is scratched on the underside and isn't to bad. I call the dealer and they get me in today to swap the tires out and I will have the bike back late tomorrow. Then I see the fender is scratched It was a bitch but I picked the bike up and loaded it onto the trailer.
    The good news? Well, it could have happened up in Tahoe, I could have crashed on the fwy at 80 or going around one of the mountain roads in the Sierras. I guess today actually was a good day
    Only way I want to think about it right now anyhow. How is that for being resilient and positive?

nodigg
    OUCH! But at least it was ONLY the bike that got scratched this time.

riverbound
    the bike seems to be acting a little strange. I am on the fwy and it feels a little squirley. I still was going about 80 but it just didn't seem right. As I exited off the fwy I decided to check the front end and the tire pressure. Tire pressure on the front was good and visually I looked at the back. It seemed fine. I drove the 1/2 mile to my house and parked on the sidewalk and saw my tire track. WTF! By this time the back tire was completely flat. So I am looking at it and the ****in' bike falls over on it's side. When all the air left the back tire the bike shifted and fell . The solid bag on the left side is scratched on the underside and isn't to bad. I call the dealer and they get me in today to swap the tires out and I will have the bike back late tomorrow. Then I see the fender is scratched It was a bitch but I picked the bike up and loaded it onto the trailer.
    The good news? Well, it could have happened up in Tahoe or I could have crashed on the fwy at 80 or going around one of the mountain roads in the Sierras. I guess today actually was a good day
    Only way I want to think about it right now anyhow. How is that for being resilient and positive?
    I had the same thing happen to me once. but I had a passenger on the back luckily we were on our way to the dealer. after that I really havnet felt comfortable riding people on the back. If I kill myslef thats one thing, but if someone else gets hurt thats another. now I just ride Solo.

riverbound
    Oh...and luckily the bike got scratched an not you. paint can be fixed.

rmarion
    that sux about the scratched bags.............glad you got her home SAFELY!!!