Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Tech ??

Nucking futs
    I have a '04 duramax that keeps throwing the glow plug heater code. Truck has 92,000 miles and was wondering if the warranty covers this. If not, what is involved with the part replacement?
    Thanks.

MudPumper
    There is an open recall on the Engine glow plug system. It's to reprogram the glow plug control module. I don't know if applies to 04's but it does for the 06's.

IMPATIENT 1
    more than likey you have a bad glow plug relay. its the little black box on the driver's side rear of the engine. get a test lite and touch the post on the glow plug.have someone turn the key on to energize the glow plugs.the test lite should lite up for a second.if it doesn't and the dash lite comes on anyway, take the cover offa the glow relay box and remove the rear one(the frt. one for the intake heater).you'll have to get the relay from the dealership(its a high amp design).

QuickJet
    www.fullsizechevy.com
    Post your question there after you register. It will be answered.

IMPATIENT 1
    www.fullsizechevy.com
    Post your question there after you register. It will be answered.
    i'm a gm certified diesel master tech,i know a duramax like you know your boat.

Nucking futs
    Thanks all, will work on it today.

JAY4SPEED
    i'm a gm certified diesel master tech,i know a duramax like you know your boat.
    I'm doing a turbo on a Dmax at work today, what a pain in the ass!
    Tim, I think that glow plug issue should be still covered under your power-train warranty up to 100k if I'm not mistaken. Call up your dealer, give them your Vin and have them check your expiration on your warranty and let your know if your still under warranty. I'm a GM master tech also, but not much a diesel tech (we don't get many here), I'd go with what Impatient 1 says....lol. Also, if you end up replacing the glow plug controller, I believe it has to be reprogrammed (the module not the relay). I'm sure Impatient ! could tell you for certain.
    Jay

IMPATIENT 1
    I'm doing a turbo on a Dmax at work today, what a pain in the ass!
    Tim, I think that glow plug issue should be still covered under your power-train warranty up to 100k if I'm not mistaken. Call up your dealer, give them your Vin and have them check your expiration on your warranty and let your know if your still under warranty. I'm a GM master tech also, but not much a diesel tech (we don't get many here), I'd go with what Impatient 1 says....lol
    Jay
    whats it doin jay?

JAY4SPEED
    Turbo shaft is loose, the bearings let go. I'm pretty sure its not a oil starvation issue due to all the oil in the exhaust system. A case of turbo self destruct-O!...lol Any tips?
    Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast