Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing And Speedboats

mvp palisades
    I just graduated from college and started up a private investment fund to save up for a speed boat, something like a Donzi. Here's the thing- I am hardcore about offshore fishing for marlins and sharks, but I would never buy a fishing boat over a speed boat. Since I am new to this speedboat world, [U]I have to ask something- does anyone go out offshore to do some fishing with their speedboats? Or perhaps have anyone seen/heard of a speedboat being customized a little bit to accomodate for fishing? Do you guys sometimes bring your rods to do some fishing? [U]

Havasu Carrera
    Your killing me Larry :cry:

mvp palisades
    did my comment hit a nerve?
    who's larry

Havasu Carrera
    Sorry just kidding. The Larry comment is from a quote from a local comercial.
    As for the Hot boat thing well I used to hate boats over about21 feet then I got one.
    Now the hot boat forums are turning into fishing, Rhino's etc etc.
    Welcome to the forums sir.

soupersonic
    I hear the Howard 28'er is good for catching striped bass

spectras only
    Fountain powerboats had some pretty fast fishing boats for quite sometime :idea: . Velcome to the board

ECeptor
    Fountain and Scarab have CCs that share the same bottoms as their sport boats, right? From what I've seen on boattrader for the same power the CCs tend to be a little cheaper also.
    If you get a true sport boat, I'd think things like steps to the front and back, type of easy to clean floor, maybe some custom racks to hold gear, etc. would be all the mods you would need.

2armor
    You can fish from any boat- Might look silly but... How else can you justify burning a ton of fuel without having a little something to show for!
    I seen MINN KOTA even has an ENGINE MOUNT electric motor so the fishy dont hear the big block comin... Looks funny out of the water but in people say "man thats quiet!!!" until... I hit the key.
    A fishing pole or 2 hides easily, the coolers look normal- the main thing is do what you want!

LuckyStrike
    I Used To Race The East Coast..DEEP VEE Cigs, Apache, Scarab,Donzi, Got Out Of racing and got a Scarab 302 with twin Merc 250 That actually handled better.Top speed on that boat was about 70. I now own a 06 36' Concept with hopped up 225's the boat does mid 60's Gafrig controls Livorsi Monster Gauges Air Cond Cabin Whole Different Type of Boat. I now do Tourn. Sprt fishing instead of the racing. During the winter and can still keep up with the big boys @ Porker Runs..More Room Plus I dont have to work on Motors in a Hull when its 120 degrees out More Room and the handling is just as good

spectras only
    Lucky , I thought you have a Cig topgun TS . Saw a Concept in the Tacoma area , pretty cool fishing boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast