Thread: Attention- Dave Sammons

3 daytona`s
    Hey!! My best friend from Chula Vista while attending College in the Midwest gave me T-Shirts constantly from the Coast the one that has always stuck out was a boat called Sunshine Superman ,I still have it but in storage and who knows when.I always wanted to know the history.I thought you if anybody would have an idea.I think if some one could reproduce the old drag boat t-shirts would be great. Thanks

Dave Sammons
    Hey!! My best friend from Chula Vista while attending College in the Midwest gave me T-Shirts constantly from the Coast the one that has always stuck out was a boat called Sunshine Superman ,I still have it but in storage and who knows when.I always wanted to know the history.I thought you if anybody would have an idea.I think if some one could reproduce the old drag boat t-shirts would be great. Thanks
    I am NOT remembering that name??? About what year was it? What class was it run in?? I'll ask around down here. I'm sure SOMEONE on the boards has heard of it!!! Anyone???Anyone???

3 daytona`s
    I am NOT remembering that name??? About what year was it? What class was it run in?? I'll ask around down here. I'm sure SOMEONE on the boards has heard of it!!! Anyone???Anyone???
    Hey Dave thank-you for reply I`m old school NHRA type fan when they called them TOP FUEL ELIMINATOR. I`m confident it was a fuel hydro I appreciate the response and commend on your work. The Black boat is BAD.This Scares me a tad long time ago Dave this boat is maybe 35 years ago but was a great name. Thanks

3 daytona`s
    never heard of the boat, but i love your new avatar
    I`m obsessed now please help me track down the history.I can`t believe if they had a T-Shirt was not a big deal Thanks for the help.

Dave Sammons
    Hey Dave thank-you for reply I`m old school NHRA type fan when they called them TOP FUEL ELIMINATOR. I`m confident it was a fuel hydro I appreciate the response and commend on your work. The Black boat is BAD.This Scares me a tad long time ago Dave this boat is maybe 35 years ago but was a great name. Thanks
    That would put it racing around 1971. I just don't remember it out here on the West Coast! Not to worry...Someone around here will come up with the details!
    PS...If you're into the old NHRA stuff you'll like this...A 1963 Fuller Top Fueler we restored a few years back for Cacklefest...Here's the web page that tells about it, along with the other restored/recreated cars.
    http://cacklefest.com/Chubasco.shtml
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Chubasco28.jpg

Crap Dave, is there anything you don't do???? Looks great...
    Steve

3 daytona`s
    That would put it racing around 1971. I just don't remember it out here on the West Coast! Not to worry...Someone around here will come up with the details!
    PS...If you're into the old NHRA stuff you'll like this...A 1963 Fuller Top Fueler we restored a few years back for Cacklefest...Here's the web page that tells about it, along with the other restored/recreated cars.
    http://cacklefest.com/Chubasco.shtml
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Chubasco28.jpg
    I want to get to the fairplex when they do next one. Thanks