Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Beach

Ion
    A friend of mine and I are heading to Long Beach to visit a friend and hopefully do some fishing, among other things. Does anyone know the fishing m.o. around there? My friend in LB is not tuned into that scene much, so I'm hoping to find someone who knows a thing or two. And...re: the other things...any good eats, or must-sees in LB (aside from West Coast Choppers) or nearby? We're also hoping to hit Avalon on my friend's 25' Formula. That should be adequate, right?

NOTALENT
    Boat should be fine, I would have another boat go with you though. Check the weather and swells as well. Get sea tow as well....it would suck to get stranded. What type of food are you looking for?? Joes Crab Shack, Yard House, HOOTERS :crossx: Great places to eat.

Do F150's Float?
    And wave while you're going thru the marina. I might be able to see you from my office

TrojanDan
    There are a couple of fishing boats in Long Beach but just travel 10 mins further west to San Pedro and there are a couple more operators out of San Pedro, 22nd Street Landing to be exact. Should be ok either way. They have 1/2 day, 3/4 day and overnight trips.
    Long Beach has Pine Ave (or Street) in Downtown LB where a lot of good bars and restraunts are.

CBadDad
    If you're in the LBC gotta find Belmont Shore (2nd Street). Lotta good bars and restaurants within stumbling distance of each other. Panama Joes is one of my favorites.
    The Belmont Pier also runs fishing boat charters.
    If you're gonna do the downtown thing find Joes Jost. I thinkit's around 4th & Pine. Killer 20 oz schooners of ice cold beer and good bar grub too.
    Have fun!

NOTALENT
    If you're in the LBC gotta find Belmont Shore (2nd Street). Lotta good bars and restaurants within stumbling distance of each other. Panama Joes is one of my favorites.
    Panama Joes is awesome....They always have a live band as well....To bad its so small.
    Whatever you do....if anyone tells you to go to Ripples....stay clear! :220v:

yamakazi
    If you're going over to the island, I would fish there for sure. Meter 80', drop some chum and wait a few minutes. HUGE schools of bonito will show up w/some yellowtail mixed in. It's a (almost) sure bet right now over there. Fish closer to Two Harbors, that's where we found the majority of them. Good Luck

If you're gonna do the downtown thing find Joes Jost. I thinkit's around 4th & Pine. Killer 20 oz schooners of ice cold beer and good bar grub too.
    Have fun!
    Joe Josts is a cool place to stop by and have a "special, egg and PBR".. It is on Anahiem, nowhere near 4th and Pine. Call 411 in Long Beach to get the exact address.

lilrick
    Have fun!
    Joe jost's is at Anaheim and Temple

CBadDad
    Joe jost's is at Anaheim and Temple
    I wouldn't reccomend someone not falmiliar with that area to go there.
    Although the one on Anahiem is the original, there used to be one downtown too. I can't believe it didn't survive but I haven't been there in years. It was bitchen place and I have lots of great memories from those days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast