Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Peeps...

Riverkid
    We have the Aqualink RS indoor wired controller, and one of the Jandy 4 button dealios installed in the spa tile. The spa controller shorted out (they aren't waterproof, just water resistant?). The local guy says another new one wouldn't last six months... Salt pool and the 4 button dealio is partially submerged.
    We like the outdoor control option so we've been looking into wireless. Rec'd a quote today on a Jandy AquaPalm wireless unit. Spendy quote. Anyone have a hookup or interested in putting one in here in Corona??
    Let me know. Thanks.

Bling Bling
    We have the Aqualink RS indoor wired controller, and one of the Jandy 4 button dealios installed in the spa tile. The spa controller shorted out (they aren't waterproof, just water resistant?). The local guy says another new one wouldn't last six months... Salt pool and the 4 button dealio is partially submerged.
    We like the outdoor control option so we've been looking into wireless. Rec'd a quote today on a Jandy AquaPalm wireless unit. Spendy quote. Anyone have a hookup or interested in putting one in here in Corona??
    Let me know. Thanks.
    Myself, Roz or a few others on ***boat can take care of ya. I have the Aquapalm on a RS8 and a one touch. Works great. You need to find out how old your controller is to see what exactly we need to do to make it work. Your 4 button sucks, don't waste your time.

Riverkid
    I guess it's the revision number? J or better? Where can I check that, the control box out by the equipment?

Bling Bling
    I guess it's the revision number? J or better? Where can I check that, the control box out by the equipment?
    Yea, the best is to call Jandys tech line and tell them what you have and what you want to do. Get part #s and I'll get ya the parts at cost.

Riverkid
    I'll make a call in the morning and see what we need. Talk to you soon Bling. Thanks for the help!

Bling Bling
    I'll make a call in the morning and see what we need. Talk to you soon Bling. Thanks for the help!
    My cell is 805-896-6886. There's a few things we might have to add to make it work. Find out first with Jandy. If ya need the tech # call me. Greg

Ivan Dan
    My cell is 805-896-6886. There's a few things we might have to add to make it work. Find out first with Jandy. If ya need the tech # call me. Greg
    Can you add these to a pool that is a regular chlorine pool not salt???? I just bought a house that has a 2 year old pool that I would like to add the indoor and wireless control system to. Is it possible? How much would I be looking at?
    Thanks for the help!

Bling Bling
    Can you add these to a pool that is a regular chlorine pool not salt???? I just bought a house that has a 2 year old pool that I would like to add the indoor and wireless control system to. Is it possible? How much would I be looking at?
    Thanks for the help!
    Again it depends on what you got. And yes it doesn't matter salt or regular. If you don't have any controls like above mentioned, totally. Call me, I need to find out exactally what you have, pool or pool-spa combo. I start work about 7am call me after that. Let ya know on pricing then.

Outnumbered
    Let me know. Thanks.
    I have that exact set-up and its working great after close to 3 years. Sounds like the installer focked up by mounting the 4-button under the water line. You could go after the pool builder/installer if its newer or under warranty and see if they can give you some love. If not, I would just re-locate the 4-button above the water line and call it good. I'm sure with some minor tile work it could look as if it was always there.
    Dan, you can add this system to any pool but depending on the existing wiring, valves, etc it could vary greatly in cost. I think we paid about $2,000 for the complete automated system at time of build with the One-touch and wired remote. I know it was retail that we paid but the company that put it in stands behind their stuff so we were OK with that.

Outnumbered
    Since we are on the topic, I want to add a relay to control my Malibu lights with the RS-8. Anyone want to tell me what I need to buy?
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast