Thread: Anyone out there hauling a PWC in their pickup bed?

tjcoker
    Hi, I have a 2006 Ford F250 CC/Long Bed that I tow my travel trailer with. My in-laws have a 3 person PWC that I would like to take out to the river with us. I am wondering if anyone knows of a way that I can load the Bombardier in the back of my pickup bed?
    Thanks, Tim.

YeLLowBoaT
    Well you could take 2 2x6 cover then in bunk carpet. Then attach them toegther in the front and back with a 2x4, set the seadoo on top of that then strap that puppy down real, real good. I just would not want to be the guy to lift it in and out of the bed.....

tjcoker
    Well you could take 2 2x6 cover then in bunk carpet. Then attach them toegther in the front and back with a 2x4, set the seadoo on top of that then strap that puppy down real, real good. I just would not want to be the guy to lift it in and out of the bed.....
    I hear you on not wanting to lift it in and out. I'm thinking something along the lines of a manual winch like on the front of a trailer that bolts into my truck bed possibly. I haven't seen anything like this but then I have never really looked. Trying to avoid driving two seperate tow vehicles.
    Tim.

YeLLowBoaT
    Well your bed is + or - a few inchs of 8ft I really don't see how a PWC trailer will fit in that short of a space. Even if it does I would be willing to bet that you will have probs with the trailer wheels and your Wheel Tubs in the bed. Depend on how long the trailer is and the distance you need to make turns with your travel trailer you may be able to just pull off the tail gate and let it stick out that back. Still some 1 at some point you will have to lift it in and out. Not something I would like to do....

tjcoker
    Sorry, I meant that I would haul just the PWC, not trailer, in the bed. I was thinking along the lines of something carpeted in the truck bed to protect the hull from scratching while being tied down in the bed. Maybe some sort of ramp to guide the PWC from the water into my bed using a winch to provide the pulling force like on a PWC trailer. I imagine this can't be more difficult than loading a dirt bike with the exception of weight of the PWC and no wheels helping distribute the weight/momentum.

DansBlown73Nordic
    You said it was a Furd......Just back it in the water till it floats in. I think if you look close the truck has a switch on the dash for the "Bilge Pump" :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

ryantparks
    some of the guys that I used to ski with in Oceanside used a ramp with small rollers on it almost like roller blade wheels and them into some wooden bunks that were carpeted via a wench. The ramp would just sit on the tailgate.

tahitijet
    back in the day before i knew better i would haul 2 stand ups in my standard chevy from here to parker a couple times a year. All i did was laid 2x6 across the notches in the bed and put a sheet of plywood over it and screwed lenght of like 3" pvc down to it for the jetskis to sit on.. I had to elevate it to get 2 skis in (above the wheel wells) and luggage underneath. Since you'r only hauling 1 i'd think you could just take a section of ply wood and screw pvc to it and leave it on the floor. If this is something your gonna do alot you might want to look into one of those cheap lifts that sits in the conrner of your bed with a hand winch on it and some straps to help load it.

goneboatin
    No, you can't put a pwc in the bed of a truck.
    Darn, that means there will be one less pwc on the water that I will have to watch out for. (J/K haha!) :rollside: