Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Diesel Engine Problem/question

GAME TIME
    I have an 05 F-250 that has been actiing up lately. I wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same problem so I can get an idea as to what is causing it. The truck feels like it is about to run out of gas. At a stop, it has a rough idle and wants to jerk forward. Any ideas???

Eliminator 4 Life
    Joey sounds like a clogged injector.. Call Clyde at 951 734 2700..

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Have you checked the windshield wiper fluid?

TaylorJet
    I have an 05 F-250 that has been actiing up lately. I wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same problem so I can get an idea as to what is causing it. The truck feels like it is about to run out of gas. At a stop, it has a rough idle and wants to jerk forward. Any ideas???
    Tade it in for a Duramax.

riverluvr
    Good luck. Bought a truck 3 1/2 months ago....have the same problem...been in the shop 5 times...finally changed injectors 1 and 2...we will see if it helps. Hope you have better luck.

GAME TIME
    Joey sounds like a clogged injector.. Call Clyde at 951 734 2700..
    Thanks Rob.

djunkie
    Start with the basics. Change fuel filter. Is there a check engine light on?

GAME TIME
    Start with the basics. Change fuel filter. Is there a check engine light on?
    I recently had them changed but I'll take a look at them. Engine light came on but went away. Since it's past the warranty, Ford said they would charge $180 just to plug it in and get a diagnostic code. If it is the injectors, then it's under the warranty still.

djunkie
    I recently had them changed but I'll take a look at them. Engine light came on but went away. Since it's past the warranty, Ford said they would charge $180 just to plug it in and get a diagnostic code. If it is the injectors, then it's under the warranty still.
    When did it start acting up? On my truck I had around 1000 miles since my fuel fitler had been changed. Stopped to fuel up on the way home from the river and got a bad batch of fuel. Truck ran like crap all the way home. When I got home I filled it up with good fuel and changed the fuel filter and bingo, problem solved.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast