Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: car shifter for trim control

well i was just shooting out ideas. I can't find controls anywhere! Place has them for 200 bucks, which is a little more than i want to spend on an aluminum stick. Can anbody help a brotha out?? I don;t care what it is i just want something that works.
    You might find something here that may work for you http://www.tewco.com/
    Sleek

Bradf
    Insert Another Noob question from BradF... Im going to gain a rep on the forums quick if i keep this up lol.
    are a Place Diverter and a Jet-o-vator the same? Just for looks/showboating? (no pun)

They do the same thing, but are different as well. The Place diverter works much better, and the more simple in design.
    sleek

Bradf
    So there is no advantage to having one at all other than to show how many horsies you have by making it go as high as possible (atleast thats what i always thought they were for when i watch the Jetter's try to squirt the cars passing over the Parker Bridge)

wrenchdaddy
    Would there be a cheap way to build my own hydraulic system from grainger or something liek that??

BigBlockBaja
    So there is no advantage to having one at all other than to show how many horsies you have by making it go as high as possible (atleast thats what i always thought they were for when i watch the Jetter's try to squirt the cars passing over the Parker Bridge)
    Going high will slow ya down allot..... I notice a big difference, full throttle going from full up to the sweetspot.... its like another "gear"....
    ya only need about a 4-5' tail at the most...

BigBlockBaja
    Would there be a cheap way to build my own hydraulic system from grainger or something liek that??
    Do it right the first time.... Youll end up saving money..

Moneypitt
    Well they do allow the shown off aspect, but thet also allow you to trim the boat and gain speed and handling. They do have a purpose, and although the original designers may not have intended it, the higher the roost, the more attention you get, in some peoples minds..........I perfer the speed advantage they offer.............Oh, and you could help out a fellow boater that happened to be on FIRE............MP

Devilman
    Lookin around this morning & ran across this link. Might be able to get some helpful info or even the control parts ya need.....Panther Diverter Stuff (http://www.pantherjet.com/Jetovator.html)

wrenchdaddy
    Ya i've already talked to Cas about the diverter control they sell from panther, its basically the same as the reverse handle, it doesn;t have any locking positions, you have to hold it in place.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast