Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volant intake system

beach gomer
    Does anyone have the system on there truck?And do they work better than the K&N system.And are they quieter?

goneboatin
    Don't have one, but everyone says the Volant is much quieter than the K&N unit. If you have a GM, Ford, or Dodge truck go to Performance Trucks.net (http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/) and you can search for that question and get the answers you're looking for.

02HoWaRd26
    I have a brand new volant in the box for the duramax if your interested let me know and also a slightly used rfi kit for the same truck

BLOWN HOWARD
    Yeah i am running the Volant on my D-Max with the lower scoop also. Very quiet.

beach gomer
    I'm not running a duramax. I have a 2003 6.0 gas Suburban.

BowTie Rick
    Quieter, yes. You will lose performance by it being enclosed though. HP is not much more than a K&N drop in inside the stock airbox. An exposed filter will always make more power and if designed correctly, intake temp is about the same as ambient temp when in motion.

riverroyal
    has one,not impressed at all,,,,

bigq
    I'm not running a duramax. I have a 2003 6.0 gas Suburban.
    Waste of money if that is all you will do. Stick with stock. I am not a big fan of any oil type filter. You might want to look at the AEM dry filters also.

sigepmock
    I've got a brand new Whipple air cleaner intake system for that 6.0L sitting on my shelf collecting dust, I'll make you a smoking deal. It's a re-usable cone filter similar to the K&N but it draws cold air from outside the engine bay. I used the same set-up on my Supercharged 6.0L Silverado and got about 5-7 more hp than with the K&N(Sorry Bow Tie Rick :yuk: ). PM me if you're interested.
    Here's a pic:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...irfltsmall.jpg
    It was also quiter than the K&N.
    Let me know,
    Chris

BowTie Rick
    I've got a brand new Whipple air cleaner intake system for that 6.0L sitting on my shelf collecting dust, I'll make you a smoking deal. It's a re-usable cone filter similar to the K&N but it draws cold air from outside the engine bay. I used the same set-up on my Supercharged 6.0L Silverado and got about 5-7 more hp than with the K&N(Sorry Bow Tie Rick :yuk: ). PM me if you're interested.
    You used it on a supercharged application, that is the difference. You created more pressure drop to pull air through it. On a naturally aspirated, I still say exposed will do better. As for the dry AEM filters, until they get more and deeper pleats, no capacity. They have to be cleaned 3x more often that throwing away a paper filter and 5x more often than cleaning an oiled type filter. They are made out of the same shredded plastic material as the bottom of your box spring mattress Same supplier approached us 5 years ago with this "new" media and we declined. I like their marketing too, "stops particles as small as 1 micron". So will a chain link fence if the dust hits it just right. What a crock. One day someone like Fram is going to sue and clean up the silly claims made in this market. :crossx:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast