Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manufactures - Are these good/bad?

Cheap Thrills
    Nice to see another Soundstream Fan on here Have you seen their new xxx10,000 :2purples:
    I discovered Soundstream back in the early 80s.
    C.T. :wink:

Cole Sanger
    All good advise. I am going to be putting in two electric hatch actuators this winter. I plan to mount a box on both sides of the engine with 4 10" subs in them. This way I can still hear everything while moving, and when I am stopped I can open the hatch and really hear everything. I am not looking to buy cheap crap. I just didn't know if any of those brands were any good. I will be running 2-4 batteries for the system alone along with the 2 I have dedicated for the engine now. The boat is 27 feet long, so I have the room for way more than I am putting in. Thanks again.

T-56
    Nice to see another Soundstream Fan on here Have you seen their new xxx10,000 :2purples:
    I discovered Soundstream back in the early 80s.
    Super clean sound, predictable, tough as nails just not the most powerful line of amps ever made. I love 'em.
    Haven't seen the xxx10,000....What the hell is it?

Cheap Thrills
    Super clean sound, predictable, tough as nails just not the most powerful line of amps ever made. I love 'em.
    Haven't seen the xxx10,000....What the hell is it?
    10,000 Watts RMS @1 Ohm Class D.
    I've read that two of them can be straped together for 20k watts !
    priced around $2,100.00 + / -
    C.T. :wink: Soundstream xxx series (http://www.soundstream.com/amplifiers-xxx.htm)

Beer-30
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ.../T15kW_4_l.jpg
    Rated Power
    500 W x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS
    1000 W x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS
    2000 W x 4 @ 1 Ohm RMS
    3750 W x 4 @ 0.5 Ohm RMS
    2000 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged RMS
    4000 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms bridged RMS
    7500 W x 2 @ 1 Ohm bridged RMS
    MSRP $19,999.99
    OH YEAH, one problem:
    Shipping Weight 180 Lbs.
    81.8 Kg.
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ.../T15kW_3_l.jpg

Cheap Thrills
    That's a freaking MONSTER That focker and a set of of MTX Jackhammers would probably launch your ass into low earth orbit
    I wish they would print more specs on it though.
    I wasn't Impressed with Fosgate gear back in the 80s. They were notoriously finiky back then.
    I'm glad to see they have come up to par with some of the other higher end companies.

Beer-30
    CEA-2006 Compliant
    Number of Channels 4
    Total Power 15000 Watts
    Bridgeable Yes
    Crossover Controls High-Pass (HP): 32-300Hz 12db/Octave Butterworth
    Low-Pass (LP): 32-300Hz 12db/Octave Butterworth
    Infrasonic filter: -6db @ 20Hz 24db/Octave
    Tone Controls n/a
    Signal Input Low level: 2 RCA pair
    Input switch: 2/4 ch.
    Signal Output n/a
    Power Input Connector Block
    Power Wire Gauge 1/0 AWG
    Speaker Output Connector Block
    Speaker Wire Gauge 4 AWG to 12 AWG
    Heat Sink Type Extruded aluminum
    Cooling Fan Cooled
    Remote Controls n/a
    Visual Indicators Crossover Frequency
    Gain
    Available Power
    Output Level
    Amplifier Temperature
    Circuit Topology Class Class A/B with Hybrid Technology (HT)
    Frequency Response 10Hz to 40kHz +/- 0.5 dB
    Dimensions 37.5 x 22 x 10 (in)
    95.3 x 55.9 x 25.4 (cm)

BOBALOO
    That's a freaking MONSTER That focker and a set of of MTX Jackhammers would probably launch your ass into low earth orbit
    I wasn't Impressed with Fosgate gear back in the 80s. They were notoriously finiky back then.
    I'm glad to see they have come up to par with some of the other higher end companies.
    Oh come on! I LOVED my Punch 45 and 75 amps. I couldn't kill them if I tried. I had a couple in my old Toyota 4x4 lots of sound in a standard cab truck.
    I am a fan of the Soundstream amps also. I have 2 in my truck but 1 has a prob of not playing thru the left rca unless I turn up the volume for a second. Any ideas CT?
    Oh yeah the sub amp is a Precision Power art series A600 Can you say old school? PPI FRX322 x-over in the boat also.

Cheap Thrills
    Oh come on! I LOVED my Punch 45 and 75 amps. I couldn't kill them if I tried. I had a couple in my old Toyota 4x4 lots of sound in a standard cab truck.
    I am a fan of the Soundstream amps also. I have 2 in my truck but 1 has a prob of not playing thru the left rca unless I turn up the volume for a second. Any ideas CT?
    Oh yeah the sub amp is a Precision Power art series A600 Can you say old school? PPI FRX322 x-over in the boat also.
    Hey Bobby,
    long time no chatt, how ya been?
    I can't count the number of punch 45s and 75s that came back to the shop a few days after install DOA.
    I don't know if they were being abused or we got a bunch of bad runs from Fosgate but we, the installers, hated to see one come to the back for an install. we knew chances were that we would be seeing it again and would have to deal with a pissed off customer claiming that we sold them a piece of junk. Not that I'm calling them junk just seems like more came back than not. though we didn't mind so much when they left us a big doobie in the ashtray
    The dead RCA problem is fairly common and is usually ascociated with either a bad cable or a loose female connection inside the amp/ head unit/EQ/processor. maybe even a cold solder joint. all are fairly easy fixes. Narrow it down by process of elimination.
    If you're running processors, EQs and crossovers, take all that out of the loop and feed the amp with just the head unit. If it still does it, switch the cables left to right on the amps end if the dead channel moves to the other side it's the cable or head unit. if it remains the same it's loose in the amp. If all is well and it doesn't do it start adding components and cables until you find the culprit. :rollside: There are a few more varibles with the cable swaping but you get the picture.
    oops had to edit

NOTALENT
    I am looking at a winter project. I have been out of the audio stuff for a while, and never really into boat audio. I am looking for some advise. I just started really looking at what I want to do with the system tonight. I am set on 4 to 8 10" subs, amps to push them with built in crossovers, probably a couple of caps (depending on the advise), a nice head unit that has mp3/wma. I have 4 5.25" Polk db525's and 4 6.5" Polk db 650's currently installed in the boat.
    There are a few companies on this website (http://www.woofersetc.com) that I have never heard of:
    1. Volfenhag
    2. CDT Audio
    3. Kole Audio - Caps
    Are they any good? The prices look fairly good, from what I remember prices being a few years ago.
    Also, are these companies any good? I have heard of them, but don't know anything about them:
    1. MB Quart - Subwoofers
    2. Phoenix Gold
    3. Audiobahn
    4. Lightning Audio - Subwoofers
    If you want me to post the exact products from these manufactures that I am looking at, I can. Just let me know. Thanks for any input/advise.
    If your looking for low budget the Volfenhag amps are decent...not great, but decent. I ran one with my Phoenix Gold 10's for a long time. No complaints what so ever...and I love my phoenix gold subs. they are the Octane Zr's. MB Quart, CDT are among the same ranks. Both are 2 of the top audio companys. I personally dont like audiobahn. To many bad products that I have bought from that company. And lighting is just target junk. If your looking for phoenix gold subs, I just upgraded and have those 2 10'inch subs I would let go cheap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast