Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds of great Nostalgia Racing at Moses Lake and the CRASH

CircleJerk
    Key on this site: www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?... then type in 'Races' in the first blank box, then scroll down looking for Moses Lake Race 16 and 17 to see the jerk and his merry band of Outlaws have fun with the clamp ons! Newport race is also there where the wifie and the other girl do battle. Aquacraft-Wickens vs LaveyCraft & Sanger.
    We would love to have a grudge match with all those Nostalgia Endurance boats down South IF, parity in the two groups could be reached. We dont use GPS cruise control! Anyone have any ideas? We could meet at Burley if the Lous have room for about twenty!

VDRIVERACING
    How do you manage top speed rules without GPS? I guess the real question is rather, do you have rules???

lilrick
    some of the older boats need a speed limit!! Also, it helps the rookies get started with entry level boats ! (POS boats like mine)

ss396
    :idea: up here we keep our speed down with a short course. also we race with outboard hydros. most of our races are run on a 1 mile or less. some of the clamp ons would run out fuel on a longer course. also the corners are fairly tight which also helps keep the speed down. some of our race sights do not have the room to let the drivers get going. the jerk can give you all more details.

CircleJerk
    So true, so true, this in a nut shell is the problem we have before us..... Why not shorten the course for Nostalgia Endurance so you can disregard the GPS and 90% of the boats wont hit 80. We have the extra buoys! The turns will still be wide and safe but terminal velocity is reduced AND old boats arent hitting the unstable, hard to handle, ON THE PIPE, through the transition, break neck speed.... Now, maybe we or someone out there can settle this so our guys can run APBA in their own Nostalgia class at division 10 races. We are NOT super stocks or pro stocks, merely old boats in mass numbers wanting to have fun at a safer speed! True some of our guys have stepped up and have run with Seattle SS boats but should all of our guys and gals be expected to? I wont!
    Really, someone do something before all of us retire from racing. I have been beating my head too long on this monitor! Invite Nostalgia classes to division 10 races and dont expect us to run with the capsule boats cause you cant get enough for your class. Ouch, that may leave a mark!
    How many nostalgia endurance boats are ready to meet us half way at Burley this year?? I think 5 of us are for sure, maybe a few others may follow. I cant let Art steal all the attention! Down jErK from the soapbox.........

CircleJerk
    some of the older boats need a speed limit!! Also, it helps the rookies get started with entry level boats ! (POS boats like mine)
    Our rookies drive slow and are already massed into the slow C or D heats and drive at their comfort level until ready to advance. Your speed limit limits the number of new racers, and without classes, you have an overcrowding condition that is not very safe in my opinion! What will you do when you hit 20 boats, widen the course? My idea is to bracket race the whole bunch and give more trophies for each additional elimination heat. What promoter wouldnt give 3 sets of trophys for 30 boats?

CircleJerk
    How do you manage top speed rules without GPS? I guess the real question is rather, do you have rules???
    If I have to install a GPS to run against the likes of you at Burley, I will! There in Idaho, we couldnt shorten the course so your rules would have to work IF,,, we are invited. Now as for our other rules, we wrote the book for Nostalgia and they aint too shabby. Some were adapted into your organization from day one. I wouldnt be surprised if some of your boats would not pass our tech which has been excellant at times and poor at others. Jim Best and I have been talking since the start, our first race was June 2001, yours was 2002 or 3 if memory serves. Now, you are informed. Yes, we have rules, and I am very pleased to see Nostalgia grow in both areas. It may be the only flat class of the future, just jErK speculation.

FlatRat
    Boyd,
    are you going injected,if so we better get started.

GofastRacer
    I cant let Art steal all the attention! Down jErK from the soapbox.........
    Sounds good to me!..

VDRIVERACING
    If I have to install a GPS to run against the likes of you at Burley, I will! There in Idaho, we couldnt shorten the course so your rules would have to work IF,,, we are invited. Now as for our other rules, we wrote the book for Nostalgia and they aint too shabby. Some were adapted into your organization from day one. I wouldnt be surprised if some of your boats would not pass our tech which has been excellant at times and poor at others. Jim Best and I have been talking since the start, our first race was June 2001, yours was 2002 or 3 if memory serves. Now, you are informed. Yes, we have rules, and I am very pleased to see Nostalgia grow in both areas. It may be the only flat class of the future, just jErK speculation.
    I'm not an advocate of the GPS, just following the rules in our region. Frankly they are a pain, and trying to keep a boat within a 1-2 mph range while traveling nearly 80 mph through race water is near impossible at times. That's why half of the front runners break out every race. I have a cruiser, so my race options are limited to Nost Endurance or GN. It would be great to have something in between, and the concept of limiting the length of the straights would essentially dictate the possible top speeds, while providing the student-driver with more seat time to practice the turns, OR just to keep the speeds in a range where 'run-what-ya-brung' types can have some safe fun.
    It would be great to create more levels, so racers can graduate as they learn, and have more fun competing with others who are closer to their capabilities. It's fun to be in front, but lapping a warmed over jet boat doesn't provide much satisfaction for the winner, and the loser may become discouraged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast