That would be a problem, the guy told me that he had it sent out to a guy in Texas that went nuts on it. According to it's current owner; "It has over 400hp will do 120mph with ease.".....I have no idea about the truth of that statement for the record.
120 with ease? I'd bet Knuckle head $500 that's total bullshit.
Gee... too bad it's not running so you could confirm his claims. Have you looked at his receipts and dyno sheets?
I will say, however, those guys in Texas do good work. I sent my Chrysler 140 there. The guy modified it to put out 350 hp at the prop and my boat will do 140 mph with little problem. The engine was dynoed but I lost the dyno sheet... I didn't think it was important. I also didn't save the bill and I don't remember the guy's name so I can't help anyone get in contact. This really is a great engine. I want $9000 for it. You should dump that OMC V8 and put this Chrysler on. It will easily double your performance.
.I have no idea about the truth of that statement for the record. It does need a new output shaft cause he hit something with the stainless prop, an easy fix according to him. (is it?)
You should get him to fix it, since it's easy.
But I really don't want to pay that much for a boat that is already broken and I'll immediately have to go on a scavenger hunt to find parts...not my idea of a wise investment.
The prop shaft might not be too hard to find. That looks like a V6 gear case to me but I'm the furthest thing from an OMC expert.
I'd rather spend it on the jet boat I mentioned above, at least I will know something about the car motor in it and jet drive's are one of the most simple things on earth.
That jetboat is as complex as a menstruating woman, compared to an outboard. Nothing is as simple as an outboard.
By the way, I think a Merc 3.0 would be a better choice for that hull than a Merc 2.5. .... just an opinion.