Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude V8

Does this mean you're not interested in my hopped up Chrysler?
    Tom stop badgering the poor guy. You know that Chrysler won't pull a log off a beaver dam downstream with a 10 mph current to boot.

Kim Hanson
    lmao
    Don't believe anything this chick tells you. She's a real piece a work.
    There ya go, the next thing they will think is I have a stripper bar in Norway........( . )( . )............

Tom Brown
    I'm running two on my Scarab. Both have blown gearcases currently - the big weak link with the V8's. Yes, they are 2-strokes. Not many people run the V8's any more, so the parts are harder to find.
    You probably knew this but in case you didn't... Wayne Taylor make an adapter to allow you to run Sportmasters on OMC engines.

Tom Brown
    You know that Chrysler won't pull a log off a beaver dam downstream with a 10 mph current to boot.
    True enough but I'm in the process of upgrading this Chrysler to the full Landau edition. When it's done... the beavers will know I'm there.

Avenger 1975
    I stopped by for a closer look today. That's a very sharp looking boat, and from what I could see its in fairly good shape. The prop had one blade end rolled over a bit so something was hit. As I said before I don't know a thing about Evinrude V8's but that huge motor looks great hanging off the back.
    I didn't talk to anybody so no new news on price or whether he will actually fix it. I would think that for as long as its been sitting in that same spot on the trailer he would be ready to let it go, but who knows.

STV_Keith
    You probably knew this but in case you didn't... Wayne Taylor make an adapter to allow you to run Sportmasters on OMC engines.
    Thanks Tom, and yeah, I know. Just kinda hurts to think about that $2k per gearcase to buy sportmasters. OUCH. Then $200/side from Wayne for the adapters and I have to fab up my own shift shaft.

jimslade
    I'd bet money that boats never seen 120 on the water. Maybe behind a truck. I agree, I had a 21 ft. J-Craft tunnel with a second effort blueprinted 4.0 litre block with a 29 pitch,cupped prop and the best I could squezze out was 93 mph.

wsuwrhr
    Thanks Tom, and yeah, I know. Just kinda hurts to think about that $2k per gearcase to buy sportmasters. OUCH. Then $200/side from Wayne for the adapters and I have to fab up my own shift shaft.
    I may know someone who could do this for you.
    Brian

You Te
    You have plenty of money.

You Te
    great I just said the words Stoker and Al. Now Td and UT are gonna be all over this thread like fags on dropped soap
    Do you have something against fags?