Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude V8

full throttle
    So what do you all think the new 350HP Rude's will sell for?

Xlration Marine
    I'll bet 4 times the cost of rebuilding a V8. Depends on demand. And with the way that OMC dissed people BRP has a long way to go to clean up the mess. From what a dealer tells me BRP wants nothing to do with the production of parts for the older OMC stuff. Time will tell.

JBUSAF
    Hi there, I'm not an outboard guy so I am wondering if I am way off base or if my location is hurting my effort on my E-bay "Item number: 190103274970"?
    No intent to SPAM, just trying to get in the right ballpark on this stuff. PM's are fine.
    Thanks
    JB

STV_Keith
    Hi there, I'm not an outboard guy so I am wondering if I am way off base or if my location is hurting my effort on my E-bay "Item number: 190103274970"?
    No intent to SPAM, just trying to get in the right ballpark on this stuff. PM's are fine.
    Thanks
    JB
    Well, if you want an honest, from the hip shot, that is WAY overpriced. I bought a good, but disassembled 4.0l powerhead for $400 complete. Do you know if yours is a 3.6l or 4.0l? Twin powerpacks instead of a single...probably a 3.6l (85-87 vintage). With yours having a thrown rod and broke case, I'd say the miscellaneous good stuff (electronics, perhaps heads), etc MIGHT be worth $200. The offshore mid is worth $200 or so, maybe $300 on the high side. The gearcase, assuming nothing wrong, is worth $200-500 depending on condition. I see it's been somewhat modified (whale tale) and has a nose cone, but the stock water inlets haven't been covered up, which basically negates the LWP.
    So, all in all, what you have there would be worth around $750 to me...but then add in $400 in freight and you're probably not going to get many buyers.
    As another point in the story, I bought 3 complete 4.0l V8's on 25" mids and 3 gearcases for $1500. I did have to go get them (in NY), so that was a pain, but a good deal.
    Just my $.02.

Kim Hanson
    Well, if you want an honest, from the hip shot, that is WAY overpriced. I bought a good, but disassembled 4.0l powerhead for $400 complete. Do you know if yours is a 3.6l or 4.0l? Twin powerpacks instead of a single...probably a 3.6l (85-87 vintage). With yours having a thrown rod and broke case, I'd say the miscellaneous good stuff (electronics, perhaps heads), etc MIGHT be worth $200. The offshore mid is worth $200 or so, maybe $300 on the high side. The gearcase, assuming nothing wrong, is worth $200-500 depending on condition. I see it's been somewhat modified (whale tale) and has a nose cone, but the stock water inlets haven't been covered up, which basically negates the LWP.
    So, all in all, what you have there would be worth around $750 to me...but then add in $400 in freight and you're probably not going to get many buyers.
    As another point in the story, I bought 3 complete 4.0l V8's on 25" mids and 3 gearcases for $1500. I did have to go get them (in NY), so that was a pain, but a good deal.
    Just my $.02.
    Hey you have too many now, what to get rid of one of those V8's.......( . )( . )..............:idea:

STV_Keith
    Hey you have too many now, what to get rid of one of those V8's.......( . )( . )..............:idea:
    Between Dad and I, we're down to 11...I'm not selling, sorry.

Kim Hanson
    Between Dad and I, we're down to 11...I'm not selling, sorry.
    11 you greedy bugger , I know they are getting hard to find...Good job on 11 V8's..........( . )( . )..............:idea:

STV_Keith
    11 you greedy bugger , I know they are getting hard to find...Good job on 11 V8's..........( . )( . )..............:idea:
    My dad has been collecting for a long time. Still has one he bought new in 1987...never been apart with almost 500 hours on it.
    I have 2 4.0's on the Scarab, + 4 more 4.0's as spares. Dad has 5 of the older 3.6's.

Kim Hanson
    My dad has been collecting for a long time. Still has one he bought new in 1987...never been apart with almost 500 hours on it.
    I have 2 4.0's on the Scarab, + 4 more 4.0's as spares. Dad has 5 of the older 3.6's.
    You forgot to say " na, na, nanaa....naaaaaaa "...........( . )( . )...........

Avenger 1975
    That Eliminator is back out for sale again on Rt. 4 - this time at Atlantic Traders. More rain water has hit the top side of that boat than lake water has hit the bottom from what I can see. I'll see what they are asking now, its a year later so I'm sure the price has gone up a few grand!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast