Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berkley Rudder??

Squirtin Thunder
    The rudder also helps if and when the engine looses power, it will keep you going strieght.

INFINITEJJ
    You can have mine, just pay shiping. When i bought the boat it didn't have one. Then i spent the $60.00 only to take it off later. I dont like getting hung up in the sand at the sandbar or when i beach it (lowest part on my boat). Best thing i ever did taking it off. Plus i think it adds uneeded stress to the transom in sharp turns (carving).

h2oboy
    You can have mine, just pay shiping. When i bought the boat it didn't have one. Then i spent the $60.00 only to take it off later. I dont like getting hung up in the sand at the sandbar or when i beach it (lowest part on my boat). Best thing i ever did taking it off. Plus i think it adds uneeded stress to the transom in sharp turns (carving).
    Let me know where to send the check... Email your information, and pictures... Sounds like we have a deal!!! Even if I pass it on to another boater who is just starting out like me later on down the road.... ksmdenver@netscape.net

NELSON#109
    Sorrey St, But They Really Are Worthless No Matter What. Ive Tried Them On Several Boats, An 18 Challenger, A 19 Liberty, And Even The Big Ol Tri Hull... Have Tried Them W/ And With Out A Droop On The First Two.... Tried All Kinds Of Funky Stuff Including High Wot Engine Kills.... And No Results... Keep In Mind I Tried Both A Small And Large Place Ruder... The Large One Is Huge And Still Nothing.... The 19 Liberty Is The Same As The Hornet And Eliminator 19.... That Sucker Still Has The Small Ruder On It, And Even With The Large One It Will Spin Out All The Flippin Time... If It So Much As Thinks You Farted In The Seat... Bam Your Gettin Wet.... I Hate To Say It But All They Do Is Add Drag..... The Only Thing I Have Ever Noticed With One, Is If You Run Over 65 Mph Or So, And You Have Even The Slightest Amount Of Steering Play... The Friggin Thing Will Start Working Left N Right In A Funky Little Wiggle.... Those Who Think They Can Notice A Differance Are Kidding Themselves.... Beat It, Nelson#109

Hipshot
    originally posted by Squirtin Thunder
    The rudder also helps if and when the engine looses power, it will keep you going strieght.
    Do you really think so? I am not saying you are wrong because it might hold true with some boats but that has not been my experience. You would think that the Drag Boat racing organizations would require them if they really helped a boat go straight after a loss of power. I personally wouldn't run a rudder on a jet boat. You manuver a jet boat at idle speed with thrust direction, not rudder input. I also don't see how in the world a rudder could help keep a boat from spinning out in a hard turn unless it was one of those permanently affized straight rudders in front of the intake like some Rodgers have.

INFINITEJJ
    Let me know where to send the check... Email your information, and pictures... Sounds like we have a deal!!! Even if I pass it on to another boater who is just starting out like me later on down the road.... ksmdenver@netscape.net
    Info on the way, I hope you have high speed access, i forgot to resize the pictures.

h2oboy
    well I wish it would have worked out.... Just the wrong style....

well I wish it would have worked out.... Just the wrong style....
    give Tim (Timinator) a call in Avondale...ph# above...get his address...take ur old 1 over there & see if he can fix it...worth a try...nothing to lose...just a suggestion
    fastrat

Jeanyus
    Loose the rudder you won't notice a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12